• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK O2 Desire

325i

May 14, 2010
My mate has a O2 desire in the uk and OTA update is not available for him.His software version is 1.20.207.3

I have been told that if he wants the offical ROM, then he has to debrand and and install a stock ROM. Is this correct?

But what about if he wants a custom ROM? Can he simple root via unrevoked and change ROM via ROM Manager?

thanks guys

My mate has a O2 desire in the uk and OTA update is not available for him.His software version is 1.20.207.3

I have been told that if he wants the offical ROM, then he has to debrand and and install a stock ROM. Is this correct?

But what about if he wants a custom ROM? Can he simple root via unrevoked and change ROM via ROM Manager?

thanks guys

The answers to both your questions is yes, i personally went the second way as you got more options

Upvote 0
Thanks, thats good to hear.

Yes, the 2nd option dowes seem to be the best as it also easier.

Lastly, can he root straight away or does he have to debrand? And are there any rooted stock 2.2 ROMS available yet? Ive noticed that there are many custom ROMS but he wants a standard version.

thanks again

Upvote 0
Thanks, thats good to hear.

Yes, the 2nd option dowes seem to be the best as it also easier.

Lastly, can he root straight away or does he have to debrand? And are there any rooted stock 2.2 ROMS available yet? Ive noticed that there are many custom ROMS but he wants a standard version.

thanks again

He can root straight away, there is a standard version of the new official froyo rom that has been rooted & made available already.

[ROM] Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo) ROM - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Thank you, i have asked on that thread but no reply.

Is that a standard ROM or has the dev made any changes to it?

If its standard, i presume i can just upgrade via ROM manager and wont need to do a full wipe?

thanks mate

You should have no problems upgrading using the rom manager, that automatically does the wipes etc so do a titanium back up to be sure not to lose anything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones