• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK phone costs and delivery

Funny, I placed and ordered mine tonight as well :D @ 8 Jan 2010 19:07 GMT+00:00
What time did you place yours? We could try to track both of our orders and see if they are really giving standard service to everyone :cool:

Just a thought.

I placed mine at 8 Jan 2010 20:44 GMT+00:00
Sounds cool about tracking them. My status says: Not yet shipped.
Not sure how long it takes to get payment through etc.
What does your status say?

Upvote 0
It'd be interesting to see how your two orders pan out. Just judging by others it looks like information has been given differently. Items marked as not shipped have been delivered, people with money not yet being taken but phone shipping etc etc.

Yeah, that's a bit weird. I'm going to give my CC company a call tomorrow to check they don't block payment as they're super vigilant on weird (in their mind) transactions.
If I spend about

Upvote 0
Bur don't forget, that native British version may come with multi-touch enabled in stock rom - no Apple patents here, hehe )

Yeah, I know that is something of a concern but they may (a big may) release a custom EU firmware for us that'd enable it. Not sure how they'd control that but once this thing is in the wild, folk will hack it to make cups of tea and everything so I'm not too worried about the multi-touch issue.
I think google will be well aware that the community will be all over the multi-touch in no time at all. I think it's more or less a done deal according some other post on here.

Upvote 0
it's really bad, i know nothing behind the technology of Android. I was already thinking of writing a Facebook app in my spare time to see if I can persuade silly people to part with their hard earned cash.

Actually just had a momentary blip of excitement as haven't checked my bank balance since Monday and thought maybe some money might've magically appeared, but alas, epic finance fail. Right. Will stop making other UK users think someone might have posted useful VAT info in this thread through my indecisive woes. You two better keep me updated as to how fast your orders go through :)

Upvote 0
it's really bad, i know nothing behind the technology of Android. I was already thinking of writing a Facebook app in my spare time to see if I can persuade silly people to part with their hard earned cash.

Actually just had a momentary blip of excitement as haven't checked my bank balance since Monday and thought maybe some money might've magically appeared, but alas, epic finance fail. Right. Will stop making other UK users think someone might have posted useful VAT info in this thread through my indecisive woes. You two better keep me updated as to how fast your orders go through :)

Android could still do with a really good Facebook app! Get yourself a copy of the SDK and do it, you'll be able to afford an N1 in no time!

Upvote 0
my bad, i meant an app for facebook. Not for Android users to connect to Facebook. Though having just had a quick peek at the developer's page it is of course all in the lovely Java which is my fav language for coding. Wrote a nice little torrent app for my dissertation. Maybe when the boredom gets too much I might give it a try. As yet, I've yet to go 15 mins without refreshing this silly forum!

Upvote 0
my bad, i meant an app for facebook. Not for Android users to connect to Facebook. Though having just had a quick peek at the developer's page it is of course all in the lovely Java which is my fav language for coding. Wrote a nice little torrent app for my dissertation. Maybe when the boredom gets too much I might give it a try. As yet, I've yet to go 15 mins without refreshing this silly forum!

Well good luck. I'm going to have to get off here, just because I'm not drinking for a month as part of a silly post New Year bet doesn't mean I have to be on an Android forum till 1.00 am! ;)

Upvote 0
That'd be cool if you could do it. I think as soon as you get the cash in your account you'll order that N1. Justified by the fact you may at some point write an Android App for something or other!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones