• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Preordered from pcworld/dixons et al last week, received this today:

Due to circumstances beyond our control your order has been delayed.
Our supplier has informed us that stock has been delayed until early February.

As soon as the stock arrives your order will progress as normal.
If you require any further information regarding this matter, please don't hesitate
to contact us.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused by this matter

Upvote 0
Just spoke with Amazon UK customer services (In Manila !!)

They initially told me that the Prime was out of stock and I would be emailled when back in stock.

A polite reminder that my preorder from 21st Dec says shipping Today and Delivery tomorrow got the usual scripted excuses.:thinking:

Further questioning got the following response : We are still looking for the best distribution centre to deliver to you and they can ship upto midnight and still deliver tomorrow.

Somehow I cant see my Prime turning up tomorrow and introducing me to Android, but fingers crossed.......

Upvote 0
Gadgetnut68, if that was the case, your order would display 'dispatching soon'.

Also, Asus UK basically confirms that they did not ship enough stock to cover pre-orders. This was posted by them on their Facebook wall:

Eee Pad Transformer Prime launches tomorrow. Retailers and etailers will have stock and will begin shipping to clear back-orders first. We can’t give exact details for each retailer to please check with them if you need specific information. There has been huge demand & pre-orders, but we delayed the launch to Jan 12th to enable retailers to have sufficient stock to clear the pre-orders first. Each retailer will be able to provide updates on their stock availability and when they plan to put the product on display in their stores. More stock will also be arriving over the coming weeks too.

According to this, companies that did not get stock, like Amazon, will have to wait for 'coming weeks'.

Upvote 0
Alright, delay at Amazon is official now. Just received this e-mail. My order status also changed and I have no delivery estimate anymore.

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on December 19 2011.

"Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Silver (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 3.2)"

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

Upvote 0
Me too :(

It appears that anyone who pre-ordered after the 19th Dec has been delayed.

I think you and I are on the Amazon discussion feeding this info on there too :p

Are you saying that people who pre-ordered before 19th have not been delayed? Since Amazon.co.uk actually opened for pre-orders starting 16th of December. I think everybody has been delayed, since Amazon just does not have stock.

And yeah, I'm trying to feed information everywhere hoping that quicker information flow will get more attention to things.

I talked with Amazon customer service rep this morning, asking about Asus claiming they have sent Amazon stock to fulfill pre-orders and that the delay is not suppliers fault.

Surprise surprise, nothing new. They insist that they haven't received any stock from Asus. And they insist that until they get information from Asus, they cannot give any estimates.

Considering that other sellers are also saying that Asus has not gotten them any stock, it is becoming clear that Asus is lying for PR sake and hiding their supply issues. Because this statement from Asus:

Currys, PC World and Amazon will begin shipping back-orders tomorrow. They have stock. We don't know where these rumours are originating but there is plenty of stock in UK to clear back-orders and more stock arriving every week.

.. seems to be incorrect. None of the three companies have said they have gotten stock from Asus.

I suggest we post about this on Asus UK Facebook wall to make them clarify their statement. We need to kick up some dust to see who is actually lying here.

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0
Alright, I asked Amazon for an update.

They said that they haven't gotten any news from their supplier regarding when they can fulfill their pre-orders.

They also said that both their sales department and product department are asking their supplier about this, because they were surprised that ASUS claimed that they have gotten stock already. They told me to keep me updated personally at least once a day but could not tell me anything else today.

Upvote 0
mine turned up from cpw about 12.30 today, looks like anyone that ordered up to 3pm yesterday at least (my order went through about then). Should be ok for getting theirs today.

I couldn't be happier with mine. regarding all the wifi issues, i get awful wifi signal in my room to the stage i cant game online on my ps3 over wifi as it keeps dieing. however i have been able to download apps quicker than my phone and i have had a low but solid signal at all times.

Really sucks for all those who stuck with their amazon pre order :(

Upvote 0
How about some support for us unable to buy from other suppliers? :rolleyes: :D That have been stuffed with AmazonUk Pre-Orders.

It is great news some of you have got yours from Ebuyer, but some of us are either unable to do that or did not get the opportunity. So it would be great for everyone that has Facebook and/or Twitter to help support us poor folks and bug Asus for an announcement regarding Amazon stock levels.

Hit them up with a message on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/asus.uk?sk=wall

And keep tweeting @AsusUK something like this:
@AsusUK how quiet you have been since your lies came to light! Please explain yourselves? #TransformerPrime #nostock #lies #amazonuk

Thanks people. :)

Upvote 0
Everybody who ordered from Amazon and everybody who wishes to help those of us who haven't got pre-orders yet from Asus, please read and do the following:

Retweet this tweet:
https://twitter.com/#!/kristovaher/status/157553326253277184

And like this Facebook wall post:
Could someone from... | Facebook

There's some power in numbers. If we retweet the same message long enough or like a post on their wall a large number of times, then they might finally react since currently they are completely ignoring both social media channels.

Even if you did not order from Amazon, it would be great help if you did the same :)

Thank you!

Upvote 0
And 12th of January is over in United Kingdom. The result? ASUS only shipped to Ebuyer and Carphone Warehouse where people were even able to buy without having pre-orders. ASUS completely ignored all customers who had orders since mid-December at Amazon. PC World and Currys got minimal amount of stock for some in-store locations. That's it for 'we have a lot of stock in UK'. Thank you ASUS!

Upvote 0
Well said kristovaher...

I wish saying things well would accomplish anything. I've tried my best for the past week to keep people informed and share opinions and information. ASUS simply ignored all the efforts and Amazon tried their best to get me answers, but they can't really do anything more than confirm that ASUS sent them absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0
Some good news everybody! Apparently Amazon has now been finally promised a very limited stock of Amethyst Grey TF201's. Many users that ordered around or before December 21 have had their order status updated for delivery in the middle of next week.

This is not good for those who ordered Champagne Gold, as apparently none have been promised to Amazon. Also, those who ordered much later are still in the unknown status regarding stock. But at least Amazon is not entirely empty-handed anymore.

ASUS however has still not replied to any posts in social media since before release day.

I have also sent an e-mail to regional director of ASUS in United Kingdom, but received an automated reply from him that he is at CES and won't be replying before next week (if at all).

---

Alright everybody, I just received an e-mail from Izabela Daly, Amazon Executive Customer Relations. While majority of her information provided is things we already know, here are some interesting details:

• Champagne Gold never arrived at Amazon UK. They recently got information that this will not arrive before January 24.
  • On January 24 those of us who ordered Champagne Gold will get a new delivery estimate. It is unlikely that we will get a new delivery estimate before that date, as it depends on how many devices Amazon receives.
  • Amazon confirms that, and I quote: "With regards to your point on the stock misinformation, please know that the stock delay was caused by Asus supply issue. I can also confirm that the Asus' Facebook post regarding Amazon stock was incorrect and subsequently removed." (the post she refers to is not actually removed, neither are Twitter posts, but I guess she was unable to find it, since it was a comment and not a post)

Upvote 0
Good news for Silver Pre-Orders, just got this email from AmazonUK:

Hello,

We're writing about your Amazon.co.uk xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
B006MU2ME4

Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet (Silver)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We wanted to let you know that due to an unexpected delay at the suppliers, your order will be dispatched later than expected.

Your order is now estimated to dispatch on January 27th, 2012. You'll receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents and delivery method on the date of dispatch.

I can certainly understand that this wasn't what you expected when you placed your order and I understand if you'd prefer to cancel it. If you want to cancel an item or an order, please visit Your Account at the following page:

Then click "Cancel items or order". After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you'll be able to view your order history and cancel any item or order that hasn't entered the dispatch process.

Should any further delays occur, we will notify you by email. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
http: www.amazon.co.uk
Nice one. :)

Reactions: Gadgetnut68
Upvote 0
JAy3001, thanks for the update.

I just logged into Amazon and nothing new on my pre order from 21st Dec - still says

Delivery #1: Not Yet Dispatched
tan-top-right-round-corner._V192561933_.gif
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.
I will look forward to an update from them.

Upvote 0
Well, just ordered from carphone warehouse who state they have them in stock so I should get delivery Tuesday. Handtec apparently state stock in on Monday also?

just one thing here, handtech don't tend to have a lot of luck with getting much stock on product launches in my experience.

Great customer service but I would be wary.

My Desire HD for example took almost a month to get to me after launch and I had preordered 3 weeks before launch.

Good company though, nothing against them, just their supply at times.

Upvote 0
Carphone warehouse sent it yesterday and its out for delivery today. Unfortunately they use yodel courier which are the worst for delivery so I doubt it will turn up until the end of the week.

yodel have been good for me with this. Turned up 11.30 on the 12th.

And hey at least they don't use City link, uhhggggg (shudders)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones