• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Ordered my grey tfp from pc world on about the 22.12 for deliveryon the 12.1 got an e-mail on the 28th to say it was ready for dispatch with a tracking number. It is now in the redhill depot waiting for delivery. Was hoping it may have come yesterday but they must not deliver on weekends. Will not come tomorrow due to the bank holiday. I have only had the tf1 since july but as soon as i heard about the prime i could not wait. I was going to have a moan at pc world as they have taken the money but if delivery is imminent i dont mind. My only concern/worry is the gps and wifi reception. Does anyone know if this was only a problem with the yank version?

Upvote 0
A guy at amazon.co.uk Transformer Prime product discussion said that they received an e-mail from Amazon customer support stating that Amazon does not have Prime in stock for dispatch day after tomorrow.

As a result, I decided to contact their customer support myself and see what they tell me.

I first sent an e-mail and received a more or less automated reply back that said that it won't be released until 12th. This did not get me any answers I was asking for in the e-mail, so I decided to chat with their customer support.

After telling them that some UK sellers have already gotten stock, some have also already shipped and that it worried me that I heard that Amazon UK has not received stock, I asked the customer service representative to look into it. She told me this about five minutes later:

Deana: Ok what I have found is that we have not received stock as of yet from the supplier. We expect to receive our stock from them on 10 Jan 2012, however this is subject to change. I am sorry, I am unable to see further information about this availability. Your order should dispatch in time, if there is any changes, you will be notified in time via Email.

Upvote 0
Mine shipped today from PC World / Currys.

I was told by Currys on Facebook that ''We are due 1,000 units on Wednesday'', 2 hours or so before i was told this, i got an email telling me it had shipped out.

Seems like Currys / PC world tell lies, Not sure how they can ship them out before they even receive them? (I even have a tracking code telling me that it has been picked up already!)

Typical! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Mine shipped today from PC World / Currys.

I was told by Currys on Facebook that ''We are due 1,000 units on Wednesday'', 2 hours or so before i was told this, i got an email telling me it had shipped out.

Seems like Currys / PC world tell lies, Not sure how they can ship them out before they even receive them? (I even have a tracking code telling me that it has been picked up already!)

Typical! :rolleyes:

Simply a case of the shipping department knowing about stock before the social media department. Nothing unusual there.

Upvote 0
Amazon UK told me that they still have no stock from Asus for dispatch tomorrow. It might be a delay we have feared. But their customer support did add this hopeful note when I asked about what their customer support is really able to see:

James: On our end we can see the different stages of the order there are several different stages of the order and this is not going to ship yet but the delivery estimates have not changed so it should be shipping tomorrow if we were not expecting to receive it tomorrow we would have notified you by now. If it does not ship tomorrow we will be able to do an inventory check but it looks fine as the shipping date is tomorrow and is there was an issue we would have been notified by now.

Upvote 0
Amazon UK told me that they still have no stock from Asus for dispatch tomorrow. It might be a delay we have feared. But their customer support did add this hopeful note when I asked about what their customer support is really able to see:

James: On our end we can see the different stages of the order there are several different stages of the order and this is not going to ship yet but the delivery estimates have not changed so it should be shipping tomorrow if we were not expecting to receive it tomorrow we would have notified you by now. If it does not ship tomorrow we will be able to do an inventory check but it looks fine as the shipping date is tomorrow and is there was an issue we would have been notified by now.

oh great this fills me with confidence....

ive taken the day off so im actually at home to get it as well...
Hope amazon's shipments arn't delayed. or im going to be attempting to find one in a store thursday i guess, (well that is unless amazon charge me and then say its delayed so i dont have the money to...)

anyone know if any stores are meant to have stock if i have to go this route that aren't for preorders?

Upvote 0
oh great this fills me with confidence....

ive taken the day off so im actually at home to get it as well...
Hope amazon's shipments arn't delayed. or im going to be attempting to find one in a store thursday i guess, (well that is unless amazon charge me and then say its delayed so i dont have the money to...)

anyone know if any stores are meant to have stock if i have to go this route that aren't for preorders?

Don't worry, Amazon does not charge before they are shipping the device to you. But of course make sure that you cancel your pre-order if you actually find one for sale in the stores before Amazon sets your order to 'dispatching soon', in which case you've already been charged.

I still doubt Amazon actually ships tomorrow, since they still don't have stock and other sellers do have it, but since it's the only place I have pre-order at, I'm hoping for the best.

Upvote 0
Details from my morning chat with Amazon UK customer service representative:

• They did not receive any stock yesterday.
  • They are entirely dependent on their supplier for this order.
  • They still expect to ship today, until they confirm that they won't be able to get any stock.
  • They will notify by e-mail if delayed, but not before their system confirms that dispatch estimate is not kept.
  • They were unable to say when they expect stock next.

In every way except confirmation, it seems to be a delay. If anyone hears anything from Amazon UK today, please keep this thread updated.

Reactions: Mubble and JAy3001
Upvote 0
canceled my order through amazon and ordered through carphone warehouse.

They have confirmed stock and have confirmed it will be delivered tomorrow.

Anyone who has ordered through amazon might want to do the same. They only have Amathest grey though btw.

Took me best part of 2 hours of phone calls and going into my branch to get barclays to autherise the payment though which was torture:mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Yeah, Amazon seems to be a really bad option at the moment. Figured I talk with Amazon customer support before the workday ends in UK. Sounds worse.

They told me that they still have not received stock for pre-orders. They told me they have notified the supplier, but haven't gotten any confirmations. They told me that they will notify customers of the delay tonight by e-mail. And they told me that they can refund the shipping costs if the delay is very long.

This is also confirmed by MarkH over at Amazon.co.uk product discussion who was on a phone with Amazon UK.

They are trying to ship it today, but Asus STILL hasn't provided them with stock.

Another user Indrek Toom reported that their delivery estimate was already changed:

I have now on my order details "delivery estimate: 14 Jan 2012 - 23 Jan 2012"

Upvote 0
Well with a heavy head I returned my Prime to PC World today. I got it on the 3rd so it is almost exactly a week. I returned it under the long distance selling. When I got it I was blown away with the device. I have a TF1 also. It is a marked improvement. Had read about a lot of the issues on the forum but thought they did not effect me and until today they did not. The browsing was not too much faster but apps opened quicker and more smooth transitions. Some nice touches to the software by asus.

I could locate myself with wifi so no problems with that. Have not used my TF1 as a sat nav so no issues there. The only slight niggle was a locking / hanging screen. I had posted this issue but got no solutions. I thought ICS may take care of it.

I was looking forward to the ICS update tomorrow. So even more happy it came today. I was a bit miffed at asus who have just announced a premium tab with 3g (that they were selling the prime as) at CES but thought that it would still be a good 6 months before release.

I was hoping ICS would sove my main issue the screen and the other issues. WARNING. It makes things a whole lot worse. I don't think it is ICS more asus's customization.

Following is a list of problems (Some may have been there pre ICS but I did not check):-

It did not solve my screen issue.

Option to turn GPS on and off removed. Why?

Wifi was poor. I tested next to my TF1. I got 15mb download on the prime but 32mb on the TF1. I max out at 36.5mb on my desktop. The signal strength was the same but only connected at 76mb on the prime.

Wifi gets even worse if you are streaming BT at the same time. I did not think this would be a problem for me but as netflix has just opened in the uk I tried it out with BT headphones. While streaming sound the speed dropped to below 1mb and kept loosing reception. Also a problem with Tune in radio as I stream this on BT. Both these apps work fine on my old TF and Galaxy S2.

The biggest one for me was that the ability to teather to a phone did not work. I tried a number of times but the prime would not connect to my phone. Again my TF1 connected first time. I use this feature a lot as I go away on holiday. I need to be able to tether to a phone to give me internet access. This is no longer an option. I know there are some apps that can get round this but it should be a built in feature.

On the plus side what little time I had with ICS was very nice. It is smooth and silky. The stock browser is much quicker. However this should be anyway as the prime has FOUR cores (well 5) running at 1.3. It should run rings around my TF1. It does not. I am so sorry as it is a lovely lovely bit of kit. I just would have to make too many compromises.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would advise to cancel your orders or return using the long distance selling rule. I know all gadgets have issues but the above is on top of other issues that I can live with. The points listed above are a step too far. I could not wait for ICS and still cant but I think they have rushed this tab a bit just like Motorola did with the xoom.

If you want any more info post a reply.:(

Upvote 0
To be honest I posted this here as its a UK thread and wanted to give those of you who had not received their Prime a chance to make an informed decision.

I am sorry it was a long post.

And just to counter that: I got mine last week, had no problems, upgraded to ICS this morning, and everything is still fine (touch wood). Some seem to be OK, others not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones