• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK Sim only deals

Hi there, I wonder if you guys could provide me with some advice.

I am currently on a Vodafone 18month contract that is due to end in June with an option to upgrade the phone at the end of this month (March).

I am pretty keen on the HTC Desire but with Vodafone not currently showing this as an option yet (a matter of time I know), I’m thinking of buying the phone from a supplier SIM free. My questions are as follows:

Can I drop the SIM card from my current phone (Storm) straight into the HTC and use the phone as per my current Vodafone contract until it ends in June?
When should I start talking to Vodafone about a 12 month SIM contract?
Should I do this online or through there sales line?
Should I suggest that I’m thinking of leaving in order to negotiate the best deal?
What sort of deal are available? I would consider myself a less than average user of all types ie Web, mins and texts.

I know there are no hard fast rules to the above but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.

Upvote 0
I'm on the same as oniongirl, and O2 are the only UK provider who is close to offering truly unlimited data bundle... I still found the limit though, managed 1.5GB in 3 days offlining Spotify on my iphone with 3G unrestrictor :) got a warning message in the post and everything.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well that isn't true since I'm on T-mobile with an actual unlimited data plan. Confimed by T-mobile to have no limit whatsoever.

Upvote 0
I'm on the same as oniongirl, and O2 are the only UK provider who is close to offering truly unlimited data bundle... I still found the limit though,

Well that isn't true since I'm on T-mobile with an actual unlimited data plan. Confimed by T-mobile to have no limit whatsoever.

interesting! okay I admit I kind of discounted t-mobile and 3 in my estimation of unlimited plans as both in my limited experience have pretty bad coverage.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones