1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General UK Train Times App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ben1390, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ben1390

ben1390 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Hi All,

I was wondering what the best app is for UK train times?

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    My UK network provider has a travel section on its mobile website on which it has national train information powered by National Rail Enquiries. It's free and live. Considering that you have to pay for some apps that provide the same kind of information (using NRE), you might want to check to see if your network has something similar.

The only thing it doesn't have is the ticket prices. For those, especially for long journeys, I'd look at 'thetrainline', as it gives you the cost of tickets provided by different routes/companies to choose from. They give the same service on their website, so you can check it first to see if they really do give the best information on prices. However, they don't provide up-to-date information on arrivals and departures. You can buy tickets through this app, too.

3. ben1390

ben1390 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Hi notebook

Thank you for your reply, I have now downloaded thetrainline app and it is just what I need

4. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Male
    UK
    Rail planner live is an absolute must. it has up-to-the-minute departure and arrival times. You can even set it to send you an sms alert if your train is running late.

Tags: