• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UleFone Armor 2 fingerprint scanner fails after 16 days and 10 hours of uptime.

radzey

Lurker
May 31, 2022
I noticed that the fingerprint scanner of the UleFone Armor 2 stops responding after an uptime of 16 days and 10 hours. This has been the most frequent cause of restart, above a frozen camera server.

What could cause a fingerprint scanner to fail after a fixed uptime?

I noticed that the fingerprint scanner of the UleFone Armor 2 stops responding after an uptime of 16 days and 10 hours. This has been the most frequent cause of restart, above a frozen camera server.

What could cause a fingerprint scanner to fail after a fixed uptime?

Could be a bug in the UleFone firmware, like a memory leak that's causing the service to stop?

Check for firmware updates, make sure you got the latest versions.

Upvote 0
Is this a reproducible 16 days and 10 hours, or just the point at which it failed once?

All phones with fingerprint scanners will periodically ask you to enter a PIN instead. My old Pixel would tell you this when you touched the scanner, but with my Galaxy s21 the screen simply stays black, and you have to figure out that this is what's happened and wake the screen yourself to enter your PIN. So just to be sure, if you wake the screen and enter the PIN does the fingerprint scanner start again?

If it really does fail consistently after 16 days and 10 hours, and won't work again until you reboot the phone, then (a) that's weird and (b) it's got to be a problem with Ulephone's software.

Upvote 0
Requiring a pattern/PIN/password after a few days is normal.

But I disagree that a phone that's running for 16 days without a break will automatically get issues. I only reboot my phones as part of a system update, so uptimes > 1 month have been normal for all of my phones for the last 12 years, and apart from a couple of unstable software builds Google released for the Pixel 2 in 2018 I've never had any problems. My current phone is showing an uptime of 40 days, and the only issue is that Samsung haven't rolled out this month's update to it yet... ;).

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones