• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ulefone s9pro internal SD expansion prob

https://droidchart.com/en/ulefone/ulefone-s9-pro-s9pro-4829
According to this you can.
How is the micro SD card formatted?
are you sure? i read the specs but did not seen any mention of using sd card as adoptable storage (used as internal storage). everything i saw just mentions the storage is expandable up to 128 gb.

op.....not all phones can use adoptable storage. i do not see any mentions of it. check in your phone's settings. under storage, if you see an option to format the sd card as internal, then you are good to go. if you do not see the option, then you can't use the sd card as such.

i do not recommend this anyways as this is a great way to lose data. most sd cards get corrupted at some point, and if that happens, all of your apps data will be lost.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
are you sure? i read the specs but did not seen any mention of using sd card as adoptable storage (used as internal storage). everything i saw just mentions the storage is expandable up to 128 gb.

op.....not all phones can use adoptable storage. i do not see any mentions of it. check in your phone's settings. under storage, if you see an option to format the sd card as internal, then you are good to go. if you do not see the option, then you can't use the sd card as such.

i do not recommend this anyways as this is a great way to lose data. most sd cards get corrupted at some point, and if that happens, all of your apps data will be lost.

Hi, thanks for responding to my post.

It does have df format as internal option.

It might unclear that SD cards can be used in this phone, as only has 2 slots. Each on top of the other.
The lower 1 is for sim only.
The 1 above can take another. Sim, OR a micro SD/TF card.

I know lots people have had probs getting these SD cards to work as internal, but I've nothing to indicate why.
All Mr attempts with differing capacity from 16gb upto 128gb have failed to be accepted after successful format to internal.
Always indicating the card as CORRUPTED. Then format to external/portable works instantly.
I've also tried formatting these cards on my win10 pro machine to the right first using easus and other partition managers to ext2 3 4 exfat fat32, and any other that internal format uses. This is to ty and possibly make easier for the phones format process easier to change the SD card data format when doing 'fornat asinternal'..

Fails even after this laborious process.

I was hoping someone had any tips tricks that would Help.

Sunlich 👽

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for responding to my post.

It does have df format as internal option.

It might unclear that SD cards can be used in this phone, as only has 2 slots. Each on top of the other.
The lower 1 is for sim only.
The 1 above can take another. Sim, OR a micro SD/TF card.

I know lots people have had probs getting these SD cards to work as internal, but I've nothing to indicate why.
All Mr attempts with differing capacity from 16gb upto 128gb have failed to be accepted after successful format to internal.
Always indicating the card as CORRUPTED.
Then format to external/portable works instantly.
I've also tried formatting these cards on my win10 pro machine to the right first using easus and other partition managers to ext2 3 4 exfat fat32, and any other that internal format uses. This is to ty and possibly make easier for the phones format process easier to change the SD card data format when doing 'fornat asinternal'..

Fails even after this laborious process.

I was hoping someone had any tips tricks that would Help.

Sunlich 👽

This rather sounds like a bug in the phone.
Many manufacturers don't provide the format as internal storage option for SDs. Ulefone have, but apparently it doesn't work. If it is a firmware or hardware bug, any fixes("tricks") would need to come from Ulefone in China(the manufacturer).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
This rather sounds like a bug in the phone. Many manufacturers don't provide the format as internal storage option for SDs. Ulefone have, but apparently it doesn't work. If it is a firmware or hardware bug, any fixes('tricks') would need to come from Ulefone in China(the manufacturer).

Hi m

Ok thanks. I'll contact the manufacturer to see if they're able to help.

Lol.. although they make good stuff at really cheap prices, u wish they'd give out manuals which are NOT completely useless.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sunlich

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones