• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate 4.0 (2/27) Out...

I stuck with the 2.1 launcher - I have to sacrifice 100 MHz on my OC as it won't stay stable anymore at 1100, but it is well worth it - showing off the rollig3D effect in the launcher, along with that neat DROID logo and the general stability of it when not trying to insanely OC my phone - I really cannot argue with it.

I have never filled my 5 Home Screens, so 7 won't do me any bit of good except pissing me off when I have to move 5 screens over to get to something on the other end of the spectrum lol.

Y'all want some pics? Here they come.

Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Main screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Near Left screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Far Left screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Near Right screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Far Right screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) App Drawer screen.jpg Ultimate 4.0 (Launcher2) Notification Dropdown screen.jpg

Upvote 0
I stuck with the 2.1 launcher - I have to sacrifice 100 MHz on my OC as it won't stay stable anymore at 1100, but it is well worth it - showing off the rollig3D effect in the launcher, along with that neat DROID logo and the general stability of it when not trying to insanely OC my phone - I really cannot argue with it.

I love that new DROID logo on the app drawer. Really makes me not miss the beautiful (but laggy) 3D app drawer. What I find weird is that, so far, this has been the most stable my phone as run at 1.2Ghz. I'm not getting the lowest bench marks I've ever had, but this is the most buttery smooth my Droid has run since it came out the box.

Also I noticed the link was down to AD was down. Any reason for that?

Upvote 0
So how do you all like Pete's work? You do know this blackdroid guy is just copying everything he does....to the T. I guess that is just how things work.

They all sound pretty much the same to me. But there are some tweaks that have been done to this that seem diff. I couldn't tell you just how diff they are, but I like them. And this is the most responsive ROM I'ved used to date.

Thus far, Pete is the only one I've donated to.

Upvote 0
I know there will always be people making ROM's which are just slight variations of others work, it has always been that way. It was the same with my old winmo phones and with my G1. It's just that this guy has literally copied every new change Pete makes, and yes I see he has actually done a few things differently. It just worries me that this is discouraging to Pete, he has lost some interest in making ROM's because of this situation. Not saying he will stop, but he might not be putting so much time and effort into it if someone else is just gonna copy it and not eve give him CREDIT.

Upvote 0
So how do you all like Pete's work? You do know this blackdroid guy is just copying everything he does....to the T. I guess that is just how things work.

I didn't try this ROM...I thought about it, but it didn't seem different enough from BB 2.1 (.5) to me. .5 has been really stable. The only force close I've had was playing with the "screen switcher" (I think it's called, where it shows all 5 screens and you can choose).

I've tried a few Non-Pete roms, but I seem to always go back to his. I will load the Desire rom though for sure to at least test it. But I'd really like to see Pete get ahold of the dump (desire) to see what he could do with it...

Upvote 0

This does seem different from Pete's work--I've tried 2.1-0.4, and have been running 1.1 for the past week, and there are a couple of notable differences. Most importantly, to me, the LED notifications work on this ROM, where they did not on 2.1-0.4...and given that I practically live by the LED notifications....*shrug*. Also, I didn't see the Launcher2 in Pete's (but maybe I missed it). As I said before, I like it, just need to get the right graphic skinned over it...

Upvote 0
settings > applications > manage apps > launcher+ > clear defaults

p.s. when you get to manage apps you may need to filter to "all"
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the Filter.

On a side note, I heard if you have widgets/links on Launcher, then Launcher+ becomes buggy. This still the case? I may give Launcher+ another chance by killing the widgets/links on Launcher.

As for Pete's rom, I was having issues with .5. So that's why I switched. Time will tell if I have similar issues. But once Pete comes out with an update, I'm going back.

Upvote 0
I have tried a lot of the roms disgussed in this forum and I have to say I am liking this one the best so far. As peviously said it is a good mixture of everything. I know personally that I could never figure out how to take a little bit of everyones so more power to him. I did use the droidmod kernel and up to now I have had no problems at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones