• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ultimate all-in-one Hand grip, Stand, and Car mount for under $3

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
I mentioned about this exogear knock off from ebay before, but after playing more with it - found a few other uses for it!!!

You can get it for $2.85 shipped from HK (
Universal Car Windshield Mount Holder Bracket for iPhone 4 4S HTC Smartphone | eBay), but don't make the price fool you because it's of a very decent quality. And if down the road it breaks, for a few bucks it's an easy replacement. While I was impressed with its clip functionality to hold Note 2 with a case, I noticed on a side of the clip base a screw which allows you to take off the whole car mounting portion of it. The clip by itself, with a rubber tip lining, works as a sturdy stand AND as a hand grip which could be enhanced even further by attaching a ring to a mounting hole after removing the base.

What's great about it, you don't need to glue/stick anything to your phone, you don't have to worry about it sliding of the mount, you can use it to hold a phone while in bed watching a movie, or as a stand on a table, or use it as a mount in the car with included suction cup base or any other standard bases since it uses universal ball joint. It fits any case from slim to Defender, and easily removable.

So, as a car mount it looks like this:

car_mount_clip-1_zpsa18b6df9.jpg

car_mount_clip-2_zps4aab82f0.jpg

car_mount_clip-3_zps0f2af387.jpg

car_mount_clip-4_zpsa5f52e27.jpg

car_mount_clip-5_zps7e97bcdb.jpg

car_mount_clip-6_zps2771b817.jpg

While when you remove car mounting part it looks like:

car_mount_clip-07_zpsca768d00.jpg

car_mount_clip-19_zpsd00e72de.jpg

And with it's additional functionality:

car_mount_clip-08_zps86eed045.jpg

car_mount_clip-09_zps00582a0a.jpg

car_mount_clip-10_zps07e7caac.jpg

car_mount_clip-11_zps785bd13e.jpg

car_mount_clip-12_zps1e5e1c62.jpg

car_mount_clip-13_zpsf6b4a205.jpg

car_mount_clip-14_zps01e2c8c8.jpg

car_mount_clip-15_zps41900735.jpg

car_mount_clip-16_zpsc52242c0.jpg

car_mount_clip-17_zps05662986.jpg

car_mount_clip-18_zpsecd2c302.jpg

Great find. Some of these super cheap products are just as good quality as the ones for much more (and some really are crap). You just need to find who is selling the good ones dirt cheap. Same with screen protectors, cases, etc. Looks like you found a good one. That clip is basically the same as an icarpus going for 12ish dollars so a great deal just to get it.
Thanks for the link...

Upvote 0
Yah the piece that suctions down can that turn @ all when stuck in place..?

The base with a suction cup does not turn. Its a very basic low profile piece. What turns is the grip with attachment. What's great about it, you can use any fancy suction cup mount you want or already have because the grip has universal ball-joint socket.

Upvote 0
If you don't mind me asking, what is the width of the base?

Thanks!

Do you mean diameter of the suction cup base? Its about 2.3"

Btw, I just got the original Exogear Exomount 2 and it has one of the best suction cup (sticky gel) surface I have ever seen. Obviously, a higher quality plastic material, BUT the clip part itself doesn't have as solid grip as this knock off because the spring is a little weaker and the shape is more rounded. I mean, it still has a good grip, and I will be testing it out in the car all day tomorrow. Will write a detailed review in a day or two.

Upvote 0
I also have this clip, as I've mentioned in another one of your reviews, and I have to say the split ring is a nice idea!
I imagine a short length of parachute cord looped through there would work very nicely too!

I've got my clip, uh...clipped to the outside of my shoulder bag through one of the MOLLE loops where is stays very nicely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones