• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ultimate ascend customization guide.

I've tried from my Ascend (stock browser, skyfire, and dolphin), my PC (chrome, safari, firefox, opera, and even IE [which I normally refrain from using]), and from my dads Mac. All getting the same result...

And that is the exact link I used. It just must not like me. Lol.

I'll try again tonight...
Yea try again if it doesn't work PM my good friend Nuttmeg :)

Upvote 0
I got it figured out.. I had to turn off USB Debuging.. :) Now I am checking out Incarus. Seems pretty cool.. Just tring to figure out how to keep apps from re-loading in the back ground. I use NetQuin Android Booster. It has a optimizer that is like an App Killer. Just no settings to keep them totaly off until I want to use them..

Thanks to everyone. Love this site..

Eagle..

Upvote 0
Not real happy with the new CM7 build (20110618). It really screwed up my phone! I have a 16 GB SD card and with the addition of apps2sd, it automatically partitions it down to 4GB! That is ridiculous! The build would be fine if the apps2sd was removed! I like to have control over what is partitioned and moved to my SD card...not have my phone do it for me! I have spent the last day, backing up and completely wiping my SD card...just to get rid of the automatic partition! Please remove the apps2sd...it really sucks!

BTW...LOVE the ADW Launcher in the new build!

Upvote 0
I upgraded my cricket ascend to the cm7 (Build 06182011) and barcode scanning apps like shopsavvy etc will lockup the camera and I have to reboot to get it working again. Anyone know why?

:thinking:

yes the cm7 camera has some problems with camera apps, no one knows why but it just does, i had the same problem, thats why i switched to cm6

Upvote 0
So Reading the Apps2SD portion of the guide, are the same steps taken to partition your sd card on CM6, or are there steps specific for that rom? And are apps automatically moved there after the partition is made, and will all new installed apps be installed onto the partition?

Not ALL apps are moved automatically. In my opinion, it is best to move the apps yourself. I have had nothing but problems with apps2sd.

As far as CM6 goes...you have to partition your own sd. apps2sd automatically does it. It's a waste. In all honesty...I don't have my sd partitioned and I love it! I actually get a FULL 15.7 GB! When you partition your sd, you lose very valuable space.

I actually went back to the CM7 build 05212011. I uninstalled the launcher on it and installed ADW launcher EX. It runs so fast and smooth! Plus, I don't have to partition my sd card and I can download anything I want.

Apps that state they "automatically" move your apps are nothing but trouble. They really screw with your settings. Call me a control freak, but I want total control over my phone and applications.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Helped me so much! But... I gotta google a bit more, and find out why hardly any of my apps work. Today was my first rom/flash on any android, so, I'm still learning!

Lots of Force Close stuff happening. I installed the CWM, CM7, gapps (GB), and MetrOFF. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

what build did you flash, also boot into recovery and run fix permissions.

Upvote 0
what i meant was where do the files that we download go? cus i personally dont wanna download files directly from my phone, id rather download them on my pc then upload them to my phone.

oh ok, but if you are installing a rom, in the instructions they tell you to put the .zip files on the main area of the sd card.

Reactions: xxdozer32
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones