1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ultimate ascend customization guide.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tokenpoke, Apr 18, 2011.

1. savetheknot

savetheknot Member

Hi. I'm new here (just registered a few seconds ago). I did all the steps to root my Ascend, but the phone never rebooted. I went thru the steps twice. Is this common? Where do I go from here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. yanngin

yanngin Member

phone wont go to recoveryy need help its stuckk on huawei screeenn (vol up send and power)

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

reboot n try again and/or read my reply to your thread.
    pull the battery, do all the wipes again n reflash. That dont work find another ROM.

4. thomasmbl

thomasmbl Android Enthusiast

What is the best kernel and rom for android huawei ascend?

5. jnelson73

jnelson73 Lurker

Do distinctive ringtones work in CM7 on the ascend. I can set them but the default ringtone always plays. I'm running 05212011.

Thanks

6. jasondumoulin

jasondumoulin Newbie

I reflash with latest cm7 cuz my mms wasnt working most of the time with metro off.. when i open apns there is no list. i add apn and it dont show up after saving.. I saw a list once and dont remember how I got there. but i was driving. it really anoyin unless I hit vpns and it showed a list since i was near the mall. i just dont know/.. help.

7. yanngin

yanngin Member

press the back button (the arrow) on your phone.
    under mounts and storage, format following...
    boot
    data
    system
    cache

what do i do here is this stepp? what do i do after wiping dalvik cache

8. yanngin

yanngin Member

how long does first boot take for cm7?????/

9. ucraj510

ucraj510 Well-Known Member

cm7, i personally got the update 5/21 and u can add a oc kernal of 748mhz...

10. Matratt

Matratt Lurker

PFG [/QUOTE] pull the battery, do all the wipes again n reflash. That dont work find another ROM.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem rooted, CWM 3.0.0.5 installed via Rom Manager but can't boot into recovery Vol up+ Call+ PWR. Same thing when I try to "Boot to Recovery" from within the Rom Manager. It just hangs at Huawei screen.

Could you please explain how to do the "wipes" and I will reflash.

Been having fun with my Ascend so far, trying to get to CM7.

Love this site and thanks.

PROBLEM SOLVED: Had to re install Win XP Huawei Ascend drivers (older driver than what came on phone) this allowed my Ascend to be recognized once in Fastboot and was able to run windows.bat to get to CWM 3.0.2.8, now running CM7!

11. android5683

android5683 Lurker

hello everyone was trying to flash my cricket ascend to 2.2 was using the wrong version of clockwork i realized it and went to get the right version but now my computer wont acknowledge my memory card it acts like i dont have one i tried different ports but no luck did i brick my phone can someone help a very frustrated noob please---- thankyou in advance

12. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

By 2.2, do you mean METROPCS' 2.2??? And you're on Cricket...

If so, I'm not sure what you can do. I'm sure it can be fixed though. It seems almost impossible to brick this phone. Lol.

13. android5683

android5683 Lurker

14. Can0dope

That sucks...

I'm sure somebody here will be able to help.

15. android5683

android5683 Lurker

thanks i hope so everything else on it works fine just wont read the card if i could get it to read the card i could flash to 2.2 or like cm6 im afraid of cm7 they say you cant use mms on it and i use mms all the time but i need to at least be able to get a flash player installed cause im wasting my netflix membership without a flash player lol

16. android5683

android5683 Lurker

oh a;so when i try hitting volume up+end call and power i get an error message saying firmware update step1/2 Unpacking update failed so reallly dont know what up with that either :(

17. Can0dope

A) Flash does not and will not work on the Ascend. EVER.

B) Netflix doesn't run on Flash, it runs on Silverlight. Which DOES work on the Ascend, as long as you're running 2.2 or higher.

android5683 likes this.
  18. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

i advise everyone not to use this update method of 2.2, if you do i will see you posting about a uim error...;)

19. LiteWar

LiteWar Newbie

I very knew to the this part of the tech world and I dont know what i should decide on. I have a rooted Froyo 2.2 Huawei Ascend(MetroPCS) and I want to know if i should either get CM6 or CM7 or PlayfulMod. I have read up on each of these ROMS and I know how to install them already, but I dont know which is the best so can SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

20. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Android Expert

why not try all of them, ;)
    and by the way, you know CM7 has 3 awesome builds
    (PlayfulGod, Kmod, BobZhome)
    In my opinion if you want froyo than CM6, Its 10x better than PlayfulGod 2.2 stock rooted ROM, because CM6 is really modded and stuff and faster.
    But overall just try all of them till you stick to one, flashing doesnt take long, i flash a new rom every week lol. But if you really want my opinion my best bet would be CM7 BobZhome 7082011 Build, Very smooth and fast, no problems that i found yet.
    EDIT*
    P.S: Try to put this kind of thread under the section of All-Things-Root, up at the top! Just to be organized.

LiteWar likes this.
  21. LiteWar

LiteWar Newbie

thanks that really helped me out a bunch and if you find something better let me know lol

22. kevinrubio

lol alright, also if you really want a customized pre-set ROM than Kmod would be it, but it kinda lags but what ever, and hope you enjoy the forums! Also read the Edit i put in my first reply :)

23. LiteWar

LiteWar Newbie

ok last post lol i keep getting a process android process media force close pop up after i boot is that normal?

24. kevinrubio

its not normal nor its not weird lol just ignore it, hit okay. and its okay

25. Reddlocks10

Reddlocks10 Newbie

IF YOU ARE ON WINDOWS AND HAVE USB MOUNTING PROBLEMS HERE ARE THE DRIVERS http://www.mediafire.com/?31l1w9gnv6dolkg (THANKS TO ONESUMMER... FORGOT NAME WILL FIX LATER.)

I downloaded this file to my pc and i am still not able to mount my phone. Was i supposed to download it to my phone and install it with cwm? Because every time i remove my sd card from my phone it jumps to cwm and i have to go through all the steps again and reboot my phone losing everything each time. I cant get my wireless tethering to work either.