• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ultimate ascend customization guide.

I have a problem, I took out swype and now i have no keyboard navigation on my phone. I thought I backed it up, but it seems I did not. I have tatanium backup for that and also root explorer. I need to get keyboard navigation on my phone, right now I cannot even type anything to try and search in the market place for a replacement!! HELP!!!!:eek:

Ok, after taking a breath, I did a hard search on the market and found a free gingerbread keyboard and it is working. Just in case anyone else does what I did !!!

Now to try and do the CM7 upgrade!! Have been told to try Gingerbread(2.3) might do that. I just need this phone to work better and have more room!! So many apps are only on the phone, I need more to go to the SD card. Can you force that???

Upvote 0
Now to try and do the CM7 upgrade!! Have been told to try Gingerbread(2.3) might do that. I just need this phone to work better and have more room!! So many apps are only on the phone, I need more to go to the SD card. Can you force that???

Cm7 is gingerbread and flashing (partition SD card FIRST!) Automatically forces apps to sd.

Reactions: gamomoftwo
Upvote 0
Cm7 is gingerbread and flashing (partition SD card FIRST!) Automatically forces apps to sd.

Sounds good, if it gives me more room I might have to try it. I have a friend here who is good at this kind of thing, we might get together and he will fix the phone. With all the tools that I downloaded to do the rooting and deleting, I now have less room then before!!:cool:

Upvote 0
First thanks to everyone who made all this possible. I have my Ascend running Icarus 1.1 and I love it. My only issue is the apps2sd. It shows in Titanium that my apps2sd is running and that some space is used but my internal memory has become full since I installed Icarus. Aren't all apps supposed to go to sd card or only the apps that are advertised as apps2sd? Why is my internal memory being used? Please help. Thank you.

Upvote 0
First thanks to everyone who made all this possible. I have my Ascend running Icarus 1.1 and I love it. My only issue is the apps2sd. It shows in Titanium that my apps2sd is running and that some space is used but my internal memory has become full since I installed Icarus. Aren't all apps supposed to go to sd card or only the apps that are advertised as apps2sd? Why is my internal memory being used? Please help. Thank you.

Its your dalvik if you have enabled a2sd and your apps are running off your sd. To move your dalvik open up your Terminal emulator and type this in:

su (hit enter)
a2sd cachesd (hit enter)

your phone will then reboot. Your reboot will be a little slow and your phone maybe a little laggy at first. Also you need a class 4 or higher sd card.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, I will try it out. I'm almost positive my apps2sd is running because it successfully installed through the terminal commands in the Icarus installation guide. I just haven't noticed my internal memory since then til the Low On Space icon appeared today so I uninstalled 2 less desirable apps and the icon disappeared. Will try your instructions and let u know. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, I will try it out. I'm almost positive my apps2sd is running because it successfully installed through the terminal commands in the Icarus installation guide. I just haven't noticed my internal memory since then til the Low On Space icon appeared today so I uninstalled 2 less desirable apps and the icon disappeared. Will try your instructions and let u know. Thanks again.

you can also run this command in TE "a2sd repair" without the quote...;)

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I also have another question and sorry if its the wrong thread. Is it possible to install the latest version of the Market on my Ascend since I'm running Icarus? I have downloaded the apk file at least a dozen times but I always receive a Parsing Error, very frustrating. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
That would be: su <enter>
apps2sd repair <enter >
Correct?

yes

I also have another question and sorry if its the wrong thread. Is it possible to install the latest version of the Market on my Ascend since I'm running Icarus? I have downloaded the apk file at least a dozen times but I always receive a Parsing Error, very frustrating. Any ideas?

yes, you can flash the latest gapps or there is a flashable zip file also update-New Market-3.0.26.zip Vending.apk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones