1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ultimate Droid Disappeared from ROM Manager!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nydrumboy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

you can't go wrong with petes BB roms or the cyanogen roms IMO.

ratchetjaw likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

What Tom said...

Also if you want a version of cyanogen that is full of bells and whistles head over to the cyanogenmod forums and under the Droid forum look for JRummy's Remix, he should be updating it to cyanogen 5.0.5.7 tonight... It has some extra's is themed and comes with some nifty scripts...

ratchetjaw likes this.
  3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

I also like Cyanogen with NexTheme too

I am currently running ESE81 from Pete with Fabolous' NexBeast theming, unfortunately it is not in ROM Manager but I did use ROM manager to install it

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

this is great. i always knew blackdroid and his groupies were little whiney punks, now everyone can see the truth about them. koush has never been about the $$. telnet was free to root the g1 way back when and so our most of his other apps. 4 bucks for the premium version of RM is cheap anyway, hell smupdater costed 5 and only flashed 1 rom. not to mention all the other shit RM can do AND clockwork recovery is free.

all blackdroid has done is steal roms and scripts. if he comes here or one of his little girlfriends do best believe the thread will get put in the trashcan.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

Come on. Stop sugarcoating it. tell us what you really think... :D

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

oh if i wasnt a guide that post would have been much much worse.

7. icstars989

icstars989 Android Enthusiast

Word...little script kiddies.

8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

he couldnt even write his own scripts, had to steal them from pete.

9. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Android Enthusiast

Haha i love how no one on this forum likes BD and all the kids on the other droid forum were all like " oh, good for you!" and "we love you!" haha

10. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

I dont understand why he has so many followers over there. Poor uninformed souls

11. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

BD disgusts me. I actually use his rom because I liked what he put together, stolen or not it fit me the best and thats what I wanted for my phone. But I'm seriously debating on just flashing back to a Pete or Cyano, I've already given Koush money for RM, its a great, amazing, wonderful, etc app.

12. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Do it, they are better anyway.

13. bose301s

I used to not mind UD, then I noticed his ROMs were stolen from Pete and really the only thing he did was theme them. That annoyed me, but I figured he had to be doing something else to them, but as more came out it seems that they were themed BB releases with a few apps added. Now this, I think it proves the blatant douche baggery being perpetrated by the UD team. Since he claims to now be built from source I am betting he either stole SS V3 or Cyanogen's code, added a few apps and themes and then called it his own, it's really sickening to be honest.

14. stlcity

stlcity Newbie

I read here and elsewhere numerous posts about how BD copied and pasted his ROM together. Can someone elaborate if possible? Also I go to the other forum and his releases happen to be the most popular (judged by the largest number of people that post on his releases).

I am running Koush's CM which I am happy with. Now will not even try UD as I am happy with clockwork and Koush's work and it was pulled from ROM manager...

Just curious if any of u knowledgable folks here care to elaborate.

15. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert

All that lying, stealing and debauchery - if he gives up messing with our ROMs his only available option will be to go into politics :eek::eek::eek:

16. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

from what I have seem, when he moved to Droidforums, I would read his release notes and they were word for word, from Pete's. Especially when one mentioned version 0.7 and he did not HAVE a 0.7 version, but Pete did..

I mean, if you took stuff from someone give credit where credit is due...

Example, look at Fabolous, he modded Pete's BB with some theming and gave credit to EVERYONE for their work, he just put it together in a way he liked..

That is What BD need to do

17. bose301s

He adds in stuff to his ROMs that were made by others, the best example being the scripts Pete put in BB .9, and calls them his own, never gives credit to the people who actually made them.

Also, I would say Pete's ROM is more popular than UD as his threads over at AD get huge.

18. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

Heh, I still love using that example. If blatant copypasta of the changelog isn't proof that that's what his entire ROM is, I don't know what is. And honestly, after getting booted from AllDroid you'd think he'd watch his back and try NOT to be a douche.

I thought I hated DroidMod, but I had totally forgotten about blackdroid all this time. :rolleyes:

19. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I'll do it for you! And I'll give you credit for it (though that was what you were actually trying to avoid)! ;)

20. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Uhhhh what are you talking about, I LOVE UD!!!

21. Fadelight

Fadelight Android Expert

Ya know CRP... a lot of the things you were telling me about from when they had all their issues on alldroid are starting to come back to me now. So what does this all boil down to? They stole absolutely everything they could from the people on alldroid and got tossed, so then they went to cyanogen and are doing the same? That's how it seems to me.

22. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Pretty much. I'm actually trying to use the wayback internet archive machine to find the original threads from blackdroid to show him c+p'ing BB's change log and some other interesting posts he made.

23. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Post them if you find them, would love to read :)

24. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

No luck yet, but I got something else for you ska.73.......

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  25. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Ok now that is just disturbing! :eek:

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews