• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Droid Disappeared from ROM Manager!

Ok now that is just disturbing! :eek:

I think it's the best he has ever looked.

bunnydance.gif

Upvote 0
I really like Ultimate Droid. I don't really care if it was stolen/copy pasted or whatever. Should he have given credit, yes. But i have yet to find a rom with as many options as UD. SS is my second fave rom, i tired Koush's and while functional, it seemed pretty basic in terms of customization (granted this was a month and a half ago). I always seem to switch between UD and SS. Neither of which are "officially" on Rom Manager.
Like BlackDroid or not, what Koush is doing is wrong too. He should not be putting rom's up without the developers permission.

Upvote 0
I really like Ultimate Droid. I don't really care if it was stolen/copy pasted or whatever. Should he have given credit, yes. But i have yet to find a rom with as many options as UD. SS is my second fave rom, i tired Koush's and while functional, it seemed pretty basic in terms of customization (granted this was a month and a half ago). I always seem to switch between UD and SS. Neither of which are "officially" on Rom Manager.
Like BlackDroid or not, what Koush is doing is wrong too. He should not be putting rom's up without the developers permission.

While I agree with you that Koush shouldnt put his rom up if he doesnt want it there its not a big deal. And koush is really helping out all of the UD fans than UD talked into buying Rom Manager premium. He put it up for free to prove a point that he isnt doing it to make money off everyone else.

Upvote 0
Awww, for crying out loud!
I've been sitting on my old Sholes 2.01 ROM, waiting for DroidMod to get their shit together when I finally just said, The hell with it! -Actually, I was having Sweeter Home trouble that just wouldn't fix, so I decided to try out a new ROM.
Completely unaware of all of this crap, I DLed BD's ROM two nights ago.
Now I see what's going on, and I really just want to DL Cyanogen.
I have no idea how to do it. (Maybe someone can PM me? I can't make heads or tails outta their website.) I have no problem paying for apps or donating to real developers. I feel like I've been scammed even though I haven't spent anything to get BD's ROM.
...I just fell... dirty. lol

Upvote 0
Awww, for crying out loud!
I've been sitting on my old Sholes 2.01 ROM, waiting for DroidMod to get their shit together when I finally just said, The hell with it! -Actually, I was having Sweeter Home trouble that just wouldn't fix, so I decided to try out a new ROM.
Completely unaware of all of this crap, I DLed BD's ROM two nights ago.
Now I see what's going on, and I really just want to DL Cyanogen.
I have no idea how to do it. (Maybe someone can PM me? I can't make heads or tails outta their website.) I have no problem paying for apps or donating to real developers. I feel like I've been scammed even though I haven't spent anything to get BD's ROM.
...I just fell... dirty. lol

You don't need a website. Search market for "ROM Manager". It will flash your recovery to clockwork mod and allow you to install whatever version of Cyanogen you want. Piece of pie.

Upvote 0
I used to not mind UD, then I noticed his ROMs were stolen from Pete and really the only thing he did was theme them. That annoyed me, but I figured he had to be doing something else to them, but as more came out it seems that they were themed BB releases with a few apps added. Now this, I think it proves the blatant douche baggery being perpetrated by the UD team. Since he claims to now be built from source I am betting he either stole SS V3 or Cyanogen's code, added a few apps and themes and then called it his own, it's really sickening to be honest.

I have heard a lot about this and wondered the same thing when I saw UD 9.8 come out. I did PM him and he says he built it all himself ...

Upvote 0
The problem with that is he also said he made all the scripts himself and they just happen to be the exact same ones as pete and jrummy made. Sounds fishy to me

I agree. Scripting is very different from dev to dev, even when the goal is the same. There are usually multiple ways to accomplish the same thing. For them to be identical, pretty high odds IMHO.

Upvote 0
Yes did all that. When I try and flash clockwork mod recovery it goes through then says "error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

I had the same problem today. I've been running cyanogen with jrummy's remix for a while but I figured I would try out UD9.8 today to see if it was an improvement over the previous versions with all the force closes I had. After using it all of about 2 minutes I had constant fc's on beautiful widgets so I decided to flash back to clockwork recovery. It took me about an hour and I had to go to a fairly old backup I had of a previous version of UD. Then re-download rom manager from the market, then re-flash to clockwork. I'm officially done with UD and I'm getting a little tired of the constant over moderating on DF.net. It's like the mods can't wait to close a thread for the silliest reasons.

Reactions: MonmouthDroid
Upvote 0
I had the same problem today. I've been running cyanogen with jrummy's remix for a while but I figured I would try out UD9.8 today to see if it was an improvement over the previous versions with all the force closes I had. After using it all of about 2 minutes I had constant fc's on beautiful widgets so I decided to flash back to clockwork recovery. It took me about an hour and I had to go to a fairly old backup I had of a previous version of UD. Then re-download rom manager from the market, then re-flash to clockwork. I'm officially done with UD and I'm getting a little tired of the constant over moderating on DF.net. It's like the mods can't wait to close a thread for the silliest reasons.

Oh okay. I will try deleting then re downloading the ROM manager and hopefully that will work

Upvote 0
I try not to get caught up in stupid ass drama. I just don't have the time or patience for it. When the crap with BlackDroid over all All Droid went down...I didn't make judgments and thought that his ROM was better because of the theme. It's hard to overlook three things now that this has been going on for awhile.

1) BB and UD constantly changed together to include when BB added SetCPU and then suddenly...there it was on UD...then the scripts...

2) Chevy releases a "built from source code" ROM...and there is a version a couple of days later from BlackDroid...(I never installed them so I can't say if they are the same...but it smells fishy to say the least).

3) If there is ALWAYS drama wherever you go...YOU are the one causing the drama.

I'm officially done with anything from BlackDroid. Not because of stealing from other devs (not my beef...I don't give a damn, sorry)...I'm done because of the same reason that I don't like DroidMod...All the stupid ass little girl whining. SHUT THE HELL UP and go wipe you cooter!

Upvote 0
Found this post inside blackdroids home thread over at droidforums:D

Flaming Stops Now ! People will Start Getting 30 Days Bans for this starting now !!
All Right People, It Stops NOW ~~~

NO MORE FLAMING !!!!

No Name Calling !!!!!

No Saying He did this or He should do that !!!

No More it was all about MONEY, EGO, Or Anything !!!!!!

I will be informing my team here on DF to Start Issuing 30 Day vacations !!!!!

We are not in a Sandbox, or Kindergarten.

I Will Not allow People to Create Second Account Names so they Can Flame Incognito !!!

I Will Out them Publicly !!!!

I Don't care which team you support. This is being posted here,
as well as all the other DEVs Forums on DF.
It is not aimed at any one group.

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones