• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Performance & Battery Life

Do you have SetCPU setup to overclock and have the set on boot option enabled? If so, your phone is probably not liking the overclock and is rebooting. You may have to do a nand restore. I don't think it is probably being cause by the radio, but I may be wrong.

It doesn't let me set on boot. That option is grayed out on the main screen. Am I missing something?

P.s. Found out it was superuser.
But do I need load on boot in main to use these settings everyone the phone boots up?

Upvote 0
WOW! I set up my Incredible using these exact settings. I have KingXKernel 1.

Bump charged last evening before going off to a bar mitzvah reception. Not heavy use. Some facebook, twitter, flash photography, sms, email and video plus a little web surfing before I went to bed.

Went to sleep at 12:30 a.m. with 72% battery. Checked just now and I have 68% at 8:30 am.

Seems like this Incredible sips battery. Runs fantastic so far too. My highest Quadrant score was 1425. Not sure why they get higher as I repeat the test.

Upvote 0
I have Skyraider 2.5.2, with Hydra Kernel #1, and 2.15 radio. My battery is a Sedio 1750mah. Here's what I got using the settings in this topic in SetCPU:

cap2010082921571.jpg

I mainly used the internet, played graphics intensive games, and texted. I am definitely happy with this! :)

Upvote 0
WOW! I set up my Incredible using these exact settings. I have KingXKernel 1.

Bump charged last evening before going off to a bar mitzvah reception. Not heavy use. Some facebook, twitter, flash photography, sms, email and video plus a little web surfing before I went to bed.

Went to sleep at 12:30 a.m. with 72% battery. Checked just now and I have 68% at 8:30 am.

Seems like this Incredible sips battery. Runs fantastic so far too. My highest Quadrant score was 1425. Not sure why they get higher as I repeat the test.

Damnit, I NEED a setup like that.

I have BFS #1 with FrankenROM B6 and my battery drains 3x AS FAST AS BEFORE.

I can't just reinstall a kernel over another kernel, right? I have to do a nandroid first, then install a different kernel?

Seems like I should just stick to Hydra kernels. Not sure I want to deal with 3 different Nandroid restores, trying to figure out which KingsKlick kernel to run.

Upvote 0

I can't just reinstall a kernel over another kernel, right? I have to do a nandroid first, then install a different kernel?

Seems like I should just stick to Hydra kernels. Not sure I want to deal with 3 different Nandroid restores, trying to figure out which KingsKlick kernel to run.

I've installed kernals over kernals , I've never done anykind of wipe or backup when installing just a kernal.

@ CheeseJam --- What battery is that? If that's a standard battery that's amazing, I haven't touched 30hrs using any stock sized battery .

I'm glad that these settings are working for most the people using them, I'm just glad I don't have to worry about having a thick battery anymore . I just use an external charger and alternate between a 1500 and 1300 battery now. My phone never touches a charger lol

Upvote 0
I've installed kernals over kernals , I've never done anykind of wipe or backup when installing just a kernal.

@ CheeseJam --- What battery is that? If that's a standard battery that's amazing, I haven't touched 30hrs using any stock sized battery .

I'm glad that these settings are working for most the people using them, I'm just glad I don't have to worry about having a thick battery anymore . I just use an external charger and alternate between a 1500 and 1300 battery now. My phone never touches a charger lol

I'm almost there! I will be within a week or so, hopefully.

There is a "stock" kernel somewhere, isn't there? As in, what was with the FrankenROM B6?

I'd like to apply the stock kernel somehow (you say overwriting is fine?). I haven't noticed any rogue apps or unusual awake/up times.

Upvote 0

There is a "stock" kernel somewhere, isn't there? As in, what was with the FrankenROM B6?

I'd like to apply the stock kernel somehow (you say overwriting is fine?). I haven't noticed any rogue apps or unusual awake/up times.

I'm sure you can find the stock kernal somewhere. If not you could try the stock hydra kernal it's just an undervolted 1ghz kernal .

Upvote 0
I have been using these settings for 2 days now and the battery life increased alot, especially when my phone has the screen off. When i start using ti is when the battery drains, but thats to be expected with overclocking.

The only thing i did different than the OP is the King #2 kernel and set the temp profile to 90% priority. If the phone is over the temp but its less priority than the others it wont kick in and lower the cpu.

Anyways nice setup.

Reactions: ChiTownJim
Upvote 0
I have been using these settings for 2 days now and the battery life increased alot, especially when my phone has the screen off. When i start using ti is when the battery drains, but thats to be expected with overclocking.

The only thing i did different than the OP is the King #2 kernel and set the temp profile to 90% priority. If the phone is over the temp but its less priority than the others it wont kick in and lower the cpu.

Anyways nice setup.

Good Catch... I'm on KK #1 now, seems to be slightly better life now and it was what came with SkyRaider 3.0

Upvote 0

Like Jim said you can install kernels over kernels and don't have to nandroid backup or wipe. I usually do the backup just in case there is a problem (I'm a little paranoid, lost some data the one time I did not make the backup).

Try this kernel from Adrynalyne: New kernel Just another blog. I believe it is the one he included with FrankenROM B6.

Upvote 0
If I use conservative, should I set "scaling" to conservative as well for my profiles? Thanks!

If you want better battery life yes. Play around with it. Ondemand and interactive scale much quicker than conservative ie...when on conservative when you do something cpu intensive it climbs from 245mHz to 400mHz to 633mHz etc... up to 998mHz. With ondemand and interactive it will jump from 245mHz to 998mHz. Just depends on your usage and what you want.

Reactions: CheeseJam
Upvote 0
Ok so after playing with a lot of different settings on my phone to optimize battery life and performance I think I've come up with the perfect set up. And the biggest is my SetCPU settings . When the SetCPU profiles aren't active the phone is runnign at 1.15mhz

Here are list of pictures of setting and also pics of Quadrant and battery life outcomes

4a6b0749.jpg

f7f00b67.jpg

1de7eefa.jpg

21597831.jpg

9e526d39.jpg

Note that the Quadrant Score and SetCPU pics weren't taken at the same time. But were taken with the same settings

I just tried the same settings as you and my score was only 1131.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones