• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Performance & Battery Life

Not sure if this has been asked in this thread, but I'm curious: What is the point of running your DINC over the generic 998 mhz? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I can't think of a single app that doesn't run smoothly at the stock speeds. Now, underclocking is a whole different ballgame. I use underclocking to save battery and I'm testing things out with that right now. But seriously, are people running these 1400+ setups just because they can? Are you doing some kind of graphic processing on your phone that really requires that much speed? Do you love fast cars? Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It also seems like it's the type of thing that could really shorten the lifespan of your phone. Educate me. Convince why I would ever want to run a phone that fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones