• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultra noob rooted now lost please help

Read through the first few posts on the thread for the Rom and it should explain what they are. Most are flashed just like the rom was except you should only have to wipe davlik-cache. Make sure before you make any changes to your phone that you make a nandroid as you never know if something will go wrong and you will need a point to restore it to that you know works.

Upvote 0
Same process. Download the rom, transfer it to the root of your sd card, reboot to recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe davlik-cache, flash the rom, reboot.

yes, the nandroid is the backup/restore process. I use Amon RA and it is called that in recovery. Clockwork I believe just uses the backup/restore option.

Again, just make sure you make a backup before you make any changes to your phone. If you run out of room on your card, you can transfer them to your pc for safe keeping and delete them(leave at least one known working backup) from your sdcard.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you got it. Let us know if you run into any more issues.

There is lots of info in the Rooting for Dummies thread at the top. If you are going to try themes, mods, and other roms I would recommend reading that a couple of times. If you have any questions there are many on here that are more than willing to help answer them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones