• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Um...Hello.

Hi. I'm new here.

I am a total luddite. I only have a cellular phone because I have to (pronounced "wife"). Well, a few things happened in my life that led me here.

Occurrence #1: I became a Dad. It is the best thing to ever happen to me, and now I understand that Dad thing wherein you always want to show off pictures of your spawn.

Occurrence #2: I got to play with my Dad's Ipod Touch, and realized it would be a great device to show off spawn pictures, and to get music through channels other than commercial radio (another thing I hate).

Occurrence #3 (parts A and B): My wife wants me to get a new phone, and my carrier picked up the Desire. My wife, being awesome, says I should get one.

So I start doing my homework, which led me here. Very cool forum, by the way. I've already learned a lot (for example, these things are crazy powerful, and complicated, and kinda scary to a Luddite).

But, heck, I says to myself, maybe this is a good way to catch up with the 21st century. Or at least pop in and say hi to it.

Wish me luck.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones