• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UMA QoS

No idea, first I have heard of this tech -- it has made for some interesting reading though.

are these UMA networks widespread? does tmo support the handoff?

Unlicensed Mobile Access also know as Generic Access Network or WiFi Calling, allows you to route your calls through WiFi that then connects directly to the carrier's backbone. This allows users to make calls where there is limited servers.

Since the call is a VoIP call, I would like to setup QoS, quality of server to give the UMA calls priority over other data on my network.

Upvote 0
Unlicensed Mobile Access also know as Generic Access Network or WiFi Calling, allows you to route your calls through WiFi that then connects directly to the carrier's backbone. This allows users to make calls where there is limited servers.

Since the call is a VoIP call, I would like to setup QoS, quality of server to give the UMA calls priority over other data on my network.

Use a packet sniffer, make a call, and then make the appropriate changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones