1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

uma wifi calling no longer working on tmobile nexus s with 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ontech, May 14, 2011.

?

do you use uma wifi calling on tmobile?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ontech

ontech Lurker

Ok guys. I have a HUGE mystery here. I have a Nexus S...i believe it was running 2.3.3 when I bought it from best buy 2 months ago.

I have no cell coverage at the building at work in so i connected my phone to the wifi network and configured the phone to make calls over wifi via the friendly wifi calling wizard (NOT VOIP CALLING). after this point, all calls, sms, and mms were routed over the wifi connection at my work.

2 weeks ago 2.3.4 was pushed to my phone. now there is no more wifi calling...and there is not a wifi calling app (not voip calling....i am talking about UMA calling).

i have called tmobile who knows nothing about it..i have called samsung and called google...all know nothing about it and keep mentioning voip calling..which is not what im talking about.

i have unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone and installed android 2.3.3 but there is no wifi uma calling.

what gives? anyone else have this crazy issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. usmc30273

usmc30273 Newbie

The nexus s never had the wifi calling feature. Either you are mistaken, or you made a huge mistake by upgrading with a feature that all of us nexus s owners have been trying to get.

3. Ill name my first child after who ever figures out how to do UMA calling on the Nexus S. You must be mistaken, because no way has been discovered yet and people work hard every day to try to figure out how to make it work

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews