• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

umm Why do you need a 3rd party wall charger? Is the one provided by Samsung not good enough?

I rarely use the OEM chargers because I prefer ones providing extra ports. I picked up a handful of Duracell (the battery folks) wall chargers. These have 1 port that provides 2.1 amps, and a second port that provides 1 amp. I have one in the kitchen, one in the den, and another in the bedroom. I have a Puregear dual port charger in my car, my truck, and my work vehicle. I have a box full of single port Samsung chargers that I think are generally ok, but when I'm charging, I either need an additional port (Bluetooth headset), or I need the faster charge rate provided by the 2.1 amp port. The sales person from whom I bought my S8+ said this thing charged at 6 amps and recommended I only use the provided Samsung charger. I took it out of the box and found that it was only a 2.0 amp charger and showed her that. She seemed surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones