• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ummmm, help plz? :)

Scotlac

Jun 4, 2010
Hi guys,

I was partitioning my SD card to install the new EVOlved ROM using the following instructions. I got to step #6 and realized that I don't know how to get the ROM back onto the SDCard from recovery, lol.

How to Flash (If you don't want to partition sd skip to step 5)
1. Back up sd card on computer and make sure you have Amon-RA
2. Go Into recovery and go into Partition sdcard
3. Then Partition SD
4. Then stay in the partition sdcard menu and go to SD:ext2 to ext3. Do that 2-3 times
5. Wipe data/factory/reset, cache, and dalvik cache. or use VR Superwipe or something like that
6. Put rom on sdcard
7. Flash The Rom Like Normal
8. Then boot into heaven

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance!

For some reason I'm not able to access my SD card through the USB cable. I think it may be a problem with the card itself since I've been having this issue over the last week or so.

Is it okay to pull the battery while in recovery? If so, I think I'll run and pick up a new card......

Upvote 0
For some reason I'm not able to access my SD card through the USB cable. I think it may be a problem with the card itself since I've been having this issue over the last week or so.

Is it okay to pull the battery while in recovery? If so, I think I'll run and pick up a new card......

you can just power off in recovery. if not then yes it is safe to pull the battery out so long as you are not in the process of flashing anything.

Reactions: Scotlac
Upvote 0
it can be (though slightly unusual), but it could also be the cable, the phone, the pc. any anti-virus or even htc sync can all cause communication errors and more. so it is hard to say sometimes.

edit: what size card do you have? can your pc see the contents of your card?

edit:edit: sorry missed a few posts. so it looks like you cant see the card. then it might be your card.

Upvote 0
@Scot,

I had a heck of a time with getting my sd card in phone recognized by pc for a little while. then it got better, still don't have a lot of confidence in it.

But, do you have an adaptor to put the micro sd into and have a card reader on ur pc? You can do it that way too, just make sure to use windows to unmount it before you yank it out to b safe.

Upvote 0
You know, several months ago with one of the CM7.0 nightly releases, after a few days, my sd speed dropped to extremely slow speeds, even the point were the file wouldn't completely transfer. I ended up using adb to push the file, which I suppose you could try.

Code:
adb push FILE /sdcard
something like that perhaps?

Put the lime in the coconut.... do what??? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones