• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UN-hiding contacts?

Elviorion

Lurker
Nov 12, 2009
Ok, I've searched the forums a bit and found a couple other folks with the same problem as I have. I picked up my droid yesterday and synced it to my gmail, and facebook. Pulled every single contact from both, sweet! Except there were some I didn't care to have in my phonebook..shoot. So I was going through and "Deleting" the ones I didn't want, and as they were facebook contacts it just hid them from me. I know they are still there, as I exported my vCard to gmail and looked through the contacts. I see the ones I want (and don't want) in there so they exsist..but I can't find where to set them to show in my contacts list again. I tried just re-adding them to my contacts, but that didn't really work either..anything short of factory resetting my phone that I can do to fix my flubup?

Found a solution for regaining my contacts that were syncd from facebook but accidently hidden..it was messy, added alot of contacts again that I didn't care to have..but it got the job done.

I went into the Facebook app, went to the main screen and hit the settings button. Then under the synch properties I removed all contacts imported from Facebook (Since they are read only, it's really not that big of a deal). I then went into my contacts to confirm everything was cleaned up. I then went back to the FB app and re-enabled the synch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones