1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Un-installing Villain Tweaks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Red3Chilli, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Red3Chilli

Red3Chilli Newbie

hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before but iv looked everywhere and cant find it.
    How do i un-install a tweak from VRTweaks?

I installed the blue circles mod and would like to change it back, but i dont know how?!

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

To remove the VRTweaks

1)Go to /sdcard/VRTweaks/backups
    2)Remount system RW (root explorer), and copy the file to /system/framework
    3)Remove its .bak tag and delete the old one

After I installed a few tweaks I was unsure which file was for which tweak so I found it was easier just to flash the rom again. Which isn't really a problem as you don't have to do a wipe so everything will be the same as it was pre tweak

Red3Chilli likes this.
  3. Red3Chilli

Red3Chilli Newbie

Can you do this on the phone through Astro, or will i hook it up to computer?

Also, i cant seem to re-install villain because i cant get into ClockWorkMod Recovery, it keeps going into the android recovery. I dont understand why i cant get into CWM? Using the android recovery it keeps saying "E:Signature Verification Failed"

I noticed this last night too when i was tying to back up my rom through CWM, went into android recovery and said "E:Signature Verification Failed"

What does this mean and how do i fix it?

Thank you! :)

4. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

It went into android recovery? Thats strange. Do you have the CWM app? If so just flash a CF-Root zImage. If you dont then re root using CF root this will install CWM again.

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

I think you do it through the phone, but I found it a bit confusing which is why I re flashed.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews