• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Un)Official World Cup Thread

Okay, so with Group B where it stands now, I believe that Greece, while winning today are still out of it. The Argentinians should beat the Greeks, and thus putting them at a very low score differential (-3,-4 perhaps, they are at -1 now). Thus it will come down to the Nigeria (0 points -2 Goal Differential) vs. South Korea (3 Points -1 Goal Differential). If the game ends in a draw the Koreans will go on. If Nigeria wins, they will go on, and obviously if Korea wins they go on. Does anybody see flaw with this. The Greeks could throw a big wrench into the whole thing if they tie Argentina though. Only time shall tell.

Edit: Group A is similar. If France kills South Africa, and Uruguay or Mexico loses to the other it would be possible for France to sneak into second place. We shall see what happens though.

Upvote 0
Hmm, that Germany game was horrendous. Horrible ref, horrible play, a bad penalty miss and all around just bad. I do get the feeling though that the ref played a very big part. Germany was afraid to go in, make the decisive tackles and be aggressive in their defense. They knew that if they missed the ball and as much as touched a Serbian hair they would be yellow carded. Germany will top Ghana, and top the group on goal differential.

Wir werden gewinnen.

Upvote 0
The ref for the USA vs. Slovenia game is AWFUL. He took away the USA goal when there was no offside nor a foul on the US. Slovenia did a great job of hugging Bradley so he couldn't move but the ref seems to have missed that. They mount such a great comeback for a victory only to be taken away by the ref.

Can they review cards given in the games?

Upvote 0
I watch alot of soccer, and I have to say. The 2 games today have been some of the worst officiating that I have ever seen. Especially the U.S, game. That 3rd goal was amazing. And I say goal because it was one. The U.S. players were fouled all over the place (atleast 2-3 people getting hugged), and no U.S. players did anything dirty. You should play the advantage and let the goal stand, or at least give the penalty. Horrible day for the U.S. they deserved the win. I wish there was only some way to get plays reviewed, but alas there is not. The U.S. just has to go big against Algeria now.

Upvote 0
Yes it is going to be a very close group, and also very fustrating because if they had won this they would be in tremendously better shape, and they should have won. Another thing that may go America's way today however is Algeria. It is very unlikely, but if Algeria and England play to a tie, or England loses than the US is in better shape. Time to support Algeria with all my heart, something I didn't see myself doing before this world cup.

Edit: Algeria is boss. The US now have some more control of their own fate. This is a good thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones