• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

un root instructions

According to what I've read, it still wipes regardless of that error. However, as I understand it you can do the following from adb to wipe dalvik:

adb remount
adb shell
# cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
# rm *

I tried also wiping the ext partition per flipzmode instruction and that didnt help. I reflashed 1.1. Should I try again?

Upvote 0
The first boot can take 5+ minutes. What I did is this:

Boot into recovery, wipe data, dalvik, ext (did them all) then flashed the ROM.

It is up to you if you want to try again :)

Edit...Best advice I can give you is make sure you have a working nandroid backup before doing anything :)

I tried again, still getting the frozen HTC screen.

Upvote 0
Did you partition and format your SD card for a2sd. I'm not sure if the a2sd installer will just exit out gracefully in case the SD card isn't partitioned. Dalvik wipe gave me the same error. But everything worked on mine. It does take a really long time to start the phone the first time after the flash.

Were you using a2sd with Fresh 1.1? If so, did you wipe the ext3 partition?

-Mike

Upvote 0
Did you partition and format your SD card for a2sd. I'm not sure if the a2sd installer will just exit out gracefully in case the SD card isn't partitioned. Dalvik wipe gave me the same error. But everything worked on mine. It does take a really long time to start the phone the first time after the flash.

Were you using a2sd with Fresh 1.1? If so, did you wipe the ext3 partition?

-Mike

don't think i was using a2sd. the only thing i remember was jumbo kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones