1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Un-root my Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr Lahey, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey Newbie

I rooted my phone and am currently running Cyanagen 7.1

It has enabled me to free up loads of room on my Desire (Orange UK) but is so buggy and fiddly Ive had enough and just want my old original HTC rom back with sense.

Bugs:
    - On unlock phone freezes about 50% of the time
    - Completely lost capability to use maps, now when navigating phone just reboots randomly.
    - Making a call from logs is fiddly
    - No facebook support for contacts
    - Much prefer the way apps used to be listed
    - Now when I phone a particular contact it just wont let me, it rings once then just goes onto answer phone.
    - Clear button on drop down menu is so close to vibrate that I unwittingly put my phone on silent most times.
    - Battery icon looks tacky
    - Auto brightness is way too dark
    - Battery life is much worse

On the whole the phone has lost it's slickness and just feels buggy, I hate doing things with my phone now because it is so fiddly.

Please help me get my old Android back :(

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Instead of un-rooting your phone just install a new ROM.
    Teppics has a great stock ROM so that would be your best bet.

But if you really want it as it was, no root then you could look for an RUU but I couldn't tell you how to use one, never needed it myself.

If it was me, id install Teppics ROM, i hear nothing but good things about it, just make sure you wipe data /factory reset via your recovery just to make sure there is no conflicting data.

3. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

See this is THE big deal about rooting - all the probs the Gent above has outlined; i rooted for 1 reason alone = TO GET MORE SPACE...as much as I could buy an S2 etc..the fact is Android/hTC/Desire tech is very pliable...

Soo, I did root the phone...1 of the worst experiences of my life...ill tell ya !, BUT after putting a pretty stable ROM in it (oxygen.im) - its only fell over once & that was due to the charger that came with the desire from htc not working right upon charging overnight (the 2 sections that twist together - it wasnt clicking properly) and the s.ware fell over - god knws why???

Other than that its been ok (pray.to.god lol) & i got the 'more space from the Recovery way - whereby you can get more space ie: Partition SD (revolutionary)

If it did go west then i'd prob by a Galaxy W..as its quite impressive specs or if i wanted to kill myself financially id get an S2...

In 1 way i did regret rooting as for the seemless working of the phone..etc..Sense is great for instance: The clock app gives you a Timer & Stopwatch..etc..wherby stock Gingerbread does not...

Its important to FULLY think it out: ROOTING !!!!

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews