1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Un-rooted phone return, will Radio upgrade flag me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbconv, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kbconv

kbconv Lurker

Sprint warranty return.

It looks OK in hboot except the radio is at 6.02.15.xxxx I think, instead of 6.02.00.0000 like the never-rooted replacement phone, with all of the Sprint updates applied.

The phone says S-ON, which I guess is good...

Is the upgraded radio code going to flag me as previously rooted?

Return it? Or try to find factory 00.0000 radio code, or just hook a USB cable to it and hit it with a MIG welder?

I un-rooted it a few months ago and any backups are probably on a dead HD that "might" just need the Window OS disk ran against it.

Need to get it sent out tonight.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. biggie80

biggie80 Member

I'd say as long as your not returning your phone cause you messed it up by rooting it they probably wont care too much. If I was Sprint I'd say go ahead and root cause of the chance you could brick your phone and have to get a new one, especially if you don't have insurance. I know there are ways around it but still. Then again I could be wrong, but what they gonna do? I say just send it in.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sprint really does not care to much if you are rooted. they only time they care is when you tried to flash something and you ended up bricking your phone. if it is hardware issue.

Tags: