1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Un-syncing Facebook & LinkedIn contacts from phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tearsinrain, May 4, 2012.

1. tearsinrain

tearsinrain Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    Marketing
    London
    Hi All - I'm a recent convert to Android from Apple :)
    When I set up my new phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) and added the Facebook and LinkedIn apps, it seems to have automatically downloaded all contacts from these apps into my Contacts.

Any ideas how to reverse this process please?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    You should be able to access Accounts to change preferences in Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync

In there you should see your Facebook and Linked In accounts - removing them fro there will remove them from your phone, but selecting them and unchecking Sync Contacts should remove them from the phone.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if this doesn't work.

3. prabs30

prabs30 Lurker
    None

May 12, 2014
    Hi I was using iphone 4s and I could edit and update the linkedin contacts easily which synced with my contacts app.

now I am using Samsung note 3 and I cannot edit the linkedin contacts which are synched on the phone in my contacts app. please help

4. dhinged

dhinged Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I've had this problem before on two other Android phones, and even though I decline sync both times the app asks, it still jams the LinkedIn contacts to my phone. I check the app settings and sync is off. I check Android > Settings > Accounts > LinkedIn and Contacts Sync is OFF.

I can't even go into each contact and manually delete them because it says "You can't delete contacts from read-only accounts, but you can hide them in your contacts list." Great.

The only solution I found before was to just clear data from the app and uninstall. I'm terrified to even use the app anymore; who knows what else it's doing with my phone without my permission?

5. dfarrant81

dfarrant81 Newbie
    None

Nov 14, 2013
    Go into contacts press menu then contacts to display then create a customised list, this does not reverse the change however it is a quick fix meaning they won't be displayed in contacts anymore.

6. dhinged

dhinged Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I tried everything I could find to delete them, the only thing that worked was clearing app data and uninstalling.