1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericsbcn, Feb 20, 2021.

1. ericsbcn

ericsbcn Member

Just got a new S9 plus. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying thing...

I have a constant notification that says: "Tap here to confirm or update emergency location information, etc...." and when I tap on it, it pops up a message saying "Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time. Please try again later".

I have an unlocked phone on Verizon. My understanding is that Wi-Fi calling does not work with unlocked phones. Which is fine. But how can I get rid of that notification? It doesn't go away when I clear notifications, and I can't swipe left or right to get rid of it.

I do not have Wi-Fi calling turned on in my settings.

What can I do?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

The next time you get that notification, long press on it and Choose the gear symbol. From there disable notification

3. ericsbcn

ericsbcn Member

Thanks for the suggestion. The notification is always there.

I tried long pressing on it and just get the message that the notification can't be turned off. See screenshots.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews