• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time

ericsbcn

Sep 16, 2010
Just got a new S9 plus. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying thing...

I have a constant notification that says: "Tap here to confirm or update emergency location information, etc...." and when I tap on it, it pops up a message saying "Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time. Please try again later".

I have an unlocked phone on Verizon. My understanding is that Wi-Fi calling does not work with unlocked phones. Which is fine. But how can I get rid of that notification? It doesn't go away when I clear notifications, and I can't swipe left or right to get rid of it.

I do not have Wi-Fi calling turned on in my settings.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. The notification is always there.

I tried long pressing on it and just get the message that the notification can't be turned off. See screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-155908_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-155908_One UI Home.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_20210221-155951_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-155951_Settings.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones