• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unable to add media widget

Maybe you did but if you haven't yet try to reboot the phone to see if the widget is there one is back on. If not I'd suggest to do Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Sony Ericsson Home>Clear data. with this you will be resetting the Homescreen then you will definitely be able to add the widget back again.

Upvote 0
Maybe you did but if you haven't yet try to reboot the phone to see if the widget is there one is back on. If not I'd suggest to do Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Sony Ericsson Home>Clear data. with this you will be resetting the Homescreen then you will definitely be able to add the widget back again.

thanks, i was so hoping there is another option because with Clear Data i have to re-organize all five screens from scratch just to get ONE widget back.
by the way, i did reboot a couple of times, the widget did not re-appear.

Upvote 0
Honestly that happened to me once while using an Arc and I tried to add it and got the same message as you. Rebooting didn't help and I had to do the Clear Data option and start from scratch. Not long after that I started using a Launcher app from the market and since you can do a Backup of the whole setup I don't mind if I have to Clear the whole thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones