• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to add unlisted cities in HTC Weather app 2.1

DrkDragon

Feb 11, 2010
This is what I used to do in 1.5 to add smaller cities no listed in the weather app to my Weather locations:

well this is what I did:
open weather application
push "plus sign" (bottom right corner)
push "my location"

your location will be showing on the googlemap and you see red pin.
zoom out and find your desirable location on the map.
drag the red pin to this location and push "Done"
you get the text "finding location", then you will have this location name and coordinates displayed... now just add this location and... you have it on the weather. then update the weather and it displays your custom weather conditions with others.

However, this isn't possible in 2.1, anyone know how to add other unlisted cities to the HTC weather widget?

Well I agree with you that I so miss that feature. There are other subtle differences with 2.1 that were much better on 1.5. With regards to the HTC weather widget. On the home page with the clock I was able to get my current location to come up there. But as you pointed out opening the weather application and trying to add another "personal" location is now impossible. I ended up using the Weather Channel Widget off the market and I have it on a secondary page and it actually works better then the HTC. But like you I was used to the HTC Weather working for me all the time. Also you will notice it won't update as often as the 1.5. It's not checking its location that often either - once an hour at best. Another change that I don't like but am learning to live with. I like my 2.1 and some of it's features but as I mentioned, I miss some of the 1.5's too.

But it was good to read your post here as misery loves company and I am glad I'm not the only one that misses the old HTC Weather Widget. :mad:

Reactions: DrkDragon
Upvote 0
I have the identical problem with the HTC Weather app. With 2.1 if the city is not listed you cannot access it or enter it....hopefully HTC will fix that. I have a noticed a few other bugs...ocassionally it will not pick up my 16gb card...and then when it does it will only access limited files...like anything else they will have to work the bugs out of this...At least I am not alone with these issues....Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones