1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unable to answer incoming calls (CM7.1)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egernant, Sep 24, 2011.

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    I've been on the phone with Verizon tech support multiple times now with no results. The problem is that calls come in, my phone rings, and I answer the call. No one is on the other end but my phone tells me the call connected. The person on the other line keeps ringing even though I answered and they eventually go to voicemail. Outgoing calls, texts, and even my work email are working without a problem.

I've tried everything I can think of. I flashed backed-up roms that date back to months before this problem started and I still don't get calls, which makes me think its not a software problem. It's hard to work with verizon without flat out telling them I'm rooted.

What can I do? New roms don't work, verizon is useless, and my phone is of course out of warranty with another 5 months until upgrade. Any advice?

Advertisement

2. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    I've been on the phone with Verizon tech support multiple times now with no results. The problem is that calls come in, my phone rings, and I answer the call. No one is on the other end but my phone tells me the call connected. The person on the other line keeps ringing even though I answered and they eventually go to voicemail. Outgoing calls, texts, and even my work email are working without a problem.

I've tried everything I can think of. I flashed backed-up roms that date back to months before this problem started and I still don't get calls, which makes me think its not a software problem. It's hard to work with verizon without flat out telling them I'm rooted.

What can I do? New roms don't work, verizon is useless, and my phone is of course out of warranty with another 5 months until upgrade. Any advice?

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Merged duplicate threads