1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Unable to boot main image or access recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iamroddo, Oct 29, 2010.

1. iamroddo

iamroddo Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I have a Nexus one and I have made a bit of a mess of it when loading a custom rom. Previously I'd rooted (without unlocking) the stock (2.2) rom before loading Cyanogen 6, later Cyanogen nightlies and finally eViL-NXSense-v1213. I was rather enjoying the last one but had severe stability issues which I think was due to using Titanium Backup and restoring data. I was in the process of re-imaging to eViL-NXSense-v1213 after clearing the SD card, data and various caches when something seemed to happen to the recovery image. I can get into the boot loader but if I select Recovery it shows the Nexus One logo indefinitely and doesn't respond to the power button being pressed, the same happens if I turn it on from cold.

Is it possible that the recovery image has somehow been corrupted? If so what can I do to restore a recovery image that will enable me to install a custom rom. I would prefer not to unlock the boot loader but will do it if necessary.

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    Sounds to me like you're gonna have to unlock it, then use fastboot to flash a new recovery.

Tags: