• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to Click the Install Button when installing APK's Galaxy S2 ICS

I've been having this problem of Installing third party APK's on my Galaxy S2 ICS.

The Problem

Unable to click the install Button to install third party APK's even after removing security restrictions to do so.

Cause

For some reason in ICS 4.0.X the APK install window conflicts with running Screen Filter/Dimmer overlays... So you cannot click the Install Button...

Solution

Max out screen brightness and Disable any Screen Dimmer/Filter programs including some Battery Saving programs (ie. Juice Defender Ultimate) and then proceed to install the APK. Also to note that Paid Version of Lux Auto Brightness (which is also a dimmer) does recognize the problem and removes its overlay during a install... Smart eh?

Reactions: Saketh Ram
Hi guys.

This issue has something to do with apps,those are system overlayed(yes,Screen Filter as well). I got it once on Gingerbread also,now I upgraded my Note to JB and same problem appears with my overlayed app,that I developed for my use.
Can someone explain,what has system overlay to do with the Install button and how to prevent it in future development?

Tomas.

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

Can someone explain,what has system overlay to do with the Install button and how to prevent it in future development?

Tomas.

I can't explain, but if you contact the Dev for TEAM Battery Bar, I think he can. He's the one that gave me helpful info on this as an end user, and mentioned that he'd contact the Dev for the app that was causing my problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones