• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to connect 3G after upgrading to Galaxo

Nuxtux

Sep 12, 2010
So I upgraded to Galaxo and I can't connect to any 3G. 2G is not on and Wifi is dropped really easily.

Running v1.6.3.4 with the got the Galaxo Gapps installed. Used the recovery v6.1

Not sure on on what to do. If there a version that fixes this or doesn't have this problem please comment. I'm using Bell.

All the APN settings are ok ?

Not sure... It says it connected to bell when its locked. It can "Register" when going to the Available networks settings and then clicking on bell. Where do I check my settings?

I also went to this website.(not sure if outside links are forbidden) and when down to the place were it says "Restore Orange 3G wireless settings" at first I was following everystep not knowing that "Orange" is a mobile carrier in the Europe.

Upvote 0
Recently it seems like everybody follows THAT guide and come back here for help (guide in which the author stole the pictures from my guide...)

Anyway, it's probably the APN. Here are the good settings:

Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless controls
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN

Name: Bell Internet
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
APN type: Internet + mms
Authentication Type: none

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones