1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to connect to computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dawsonrd, Dec 4, 2018.

1. dawsonrd

dawsonrd Lurker

I cannot connect my moto e5 play to my computer. The drop down notices does not show a usb icon which is what the manual for this phone says to find to solve this.

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Dannydet likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you haven't already, try another USB cable.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

A restart wouldnt hurt. @dawsonrd?
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Restart phone>insert cable to phone>Insert other end of cable to PC.

HTH

5. vesely1a

vesely1a Lurker

My Moto E5 Play won't get noticed by laptop after all remedies above performed. Windows 7
    Still need a solution to backup my phone.

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

With your E5 plugged into your laptop, when you look in the Win7 Device Manager is there anything flagged in the USB driver category? If yes than that might be an indication there is an issue with the Motorola driver, or perhaps not with the driver but a conflict with some other USB device.
    Try unplugging any other USB peripherals and see if that solves the problem.
    Or if you have your E5 plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it into a port in your laptop instead.
    Another thing to be aware of is the USB cable. Cheap, generic USB cables are just that, they're made using cut-rate materials with a minimum of quality control. Typically the one that came with your phone is a good one but if you buy your own, don't skimp. A quality, brand-name cable will consist of thicker gauge internal wiring (better,more consistent data transfers), with better and longer lasting, shielded insulation, and reinforced plug ends (a surprising number of people yank them out by grabbing the wire portion instead of the plug itself) -- a good cable doesn't cost that much more. A lot of people buy the cheapest they can find and then when all kinds of miscellaneous quirks pop up it's then a mystery as to what the problem might be the cause.

ocnbrze likes this.

Motorola Moto E5 Play Forum

The Motorola Moto E5 Play release date was July 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 425 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

July 2018
Release Date
Reviews