1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to connect to Microsoft Exchange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hwkengr, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hwkengr

hwkengr Lurker

I have an S3 that up until last week I could sync with my company's Exchange server with no problems whatsoever. But now, I can't connect to the server.

I've been using a running app that tracks distance and pace through the phone's GPS. However, when I try to use it while connected to the exchange server, the security settings don't allow the app to get the GPS updates as frequently as it needs, so the running app doesn't work.

So, what I had been doing is removing my exchange account, going for my run, then adding the account back to my phone. I had done that numerous times without issue, until last week.

I've had other people in my office try to connect to the server on my phone with their account information and they haven't been successful either. I also used my wife's HTC One and was able to connect just fine. I've also tried a third-party email app as opposed to the stock app that came with the phone and that didn't work either.

I'm anxiously waiting to upgrade my phone when my contract is up, but I really need to have my work email and contacts on my phone until then. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews