• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to connect to mobile network.no 4g

synergy7

Dec 23, 2011
atlanta , georgia
okay. I've searched for solutions online for 2 days now. its an odd problem. allow me to explain.

Ive been able to use my esteem just fine until one day at work it refused to connect to the internet. I can receive phone calla and sms. the odd part is that after placing a call, I get 3g for about a minute.

I use that precious time to download apps to help me find the problem.

under phone status, it says I'm on LTE, but my mobile network state says disconnected. zero access to the web .

I've tried updating my prl. currently on 3026 in Atlanta. rebooted several times, tried lte on / off app, restart connection app, apn apps, quick settings and airplane mode toggles. I've called metro for the refresh and reprogramming. I've done the ##6026* thing.

my esteem was rooted before I had problems and still is.

baseband ZVB.

I have one hypothesis. I installed easy battery saver. it auto toggles your mobile network connection to conserve battery. that's when I would notice my signal change from 4g to 1x. soon after, i couldnt connect at all. I uninstalled it because I did not want my signal being altered. no luck after.

I really don't want to factory reset. I've done a lot of work on my go launcher ex. theme.

if anyone could throw any ideas, let me know. I've even tried getting a new account on the phone. I don't have insurance. I bought this phone in October on craigslist and its never dropped 4g.

my wife owns a Samsung galaxy indulge (which I'm using to post) and shes got full signal and 4g.

oh, and I'm kinda glad it happened because I finally joined this forum. I've been a frequent visitor since I got my lg Optimus.

Reactions: windsor0312
You probably already did this but, seeing as you didn't mention it I'll just throw it out there. You stated you were using an app that toggles your data connection so you might want to go into your settings> wifi & network> scroll down to network connections and make sure data is enabled. If that's not it, maybe a hard reset would fix it.

Upvote 0
OK. This will work as same thing has happend to me. They are two ways ways for you to get your 4g back.

First go to the app *easy battery saver* which I had (its really good ) then instead of super mode. Go back to *normal mode *. It will kick you back to your normal settings. If by any chance it doesn't work try this:

This method however is to fix and reset 4g in general , so it should work;

First of all download an app called "any cut" free from market. Then after it downloads and installs, go home screen and create a shortcut >then select > activities > and then select the "any cut" app. After that it'll send you to the app and from there you have to press on "activities" option and Scroll down until you see "LTE configuration" (its mostly the first one that starts with LTE). Then as you select that it will have created a shortcut action on the home screen. You then go to home screen and look for the shortcut you have created, it'll be called *lte configuration*. Open it and then press on setting initialization. Now, it will reset your lte settings and the phone will reboot. After that you should be able to be running 4g nice and clean...

Hope it helps ...

Upvote 0
its resetting now. fingers crossed. I reverted my boot screen to default after reading about how it can brick the phone. I was nervous to restart it again.

I heard about any cut but never tried it.

****-update***** IT WORKS!!! THABK YOU SO MUCH!!! Omg ...you are a God. thank you beyond everything!

I love this forum...

Reactions: imoshtokill
Upvote 0
its resetting now. fingers crossed. I reverted my boot screen to default after reading about how it can brick the phone. I was nervous to restart it again.

I heard about any cut but never tried it.

****-update***** IT WORKS!!! THABK YOU SO MUCH!!! Omg ...you are a God. thank you beyond everything!

I love this forum...

I'm glad it worked. Hey we are here to help each other.

Upvote 0
OK. This will work as same thing has happend to me. They are two ways ways for you to get your 4g back.

First go to the app *easy battery saver* which I had (its really good ) then instead of super mode. Go back to *normal mode *. It will kick you back to your normal settings. If by any chance it doesn't work try this:

First of all download an app called "any cut" free from market. Then after it downloads and installs, go home screen and create a shortcut >then select > activities > and then select the "any cut" app. After that it'll send you to the app and from there you have to press on "activities" option and Scroll down until you see "LTE configuration" (its mostly the first one that starts with LTE). Then as you select that it will have created a shortcut action on the home screen. You then go to home screen and look for the shortcut you have created, it'll be called *lte configuration*. Open it and then press on setting initialization. Now, it will reset your lte settings and the phone will reboot. After that you should be able to be running 4g nice and clean...

Hope it helps ...

Omg i had the same problem and then i followed these steps and now its back to normal Thank you!

Upvote 0

Hope it helps ...

I had this same problem for the past 2 days also...and I was just about to do an LG Update...when I had second thoughts and fears about losing everything. I decided to search forums and I am SO glad I did. "Any Cut" worked like a freaking charm! I am SOOOO relieved and happy to have my 4G restored! Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! :eek:

Upvote 0
Jeyd02- I just want to tell you THANK YOU SO MUCH for the steps you gave in this thread. I was having the same issues as the OP and metro did a reset to no avail and ended up telling me I'd need a new phone..problem was I bought it off of someone else and didn't have warranty! I felt like crying when they told me there was nothing further they could do..you made my night!!! Big smiles over here thanks to you!

Upvote 0
synergy7 / Jeyd02,

I just bought the LG Esteem and have the exact same problem. I had downloaded also the Easy Battery Saver App and after talking to MetroPCS technical support, we ended up resetting the phone to its original settings; and the 4G signal appeared back again (I didn't mind since I had used the phone for only 2 days).

HOWEVER, the same day i started downloading apps and when I installed the Easy Battery Saver App (Normal Mode), it dropped my 4G signal again; I tried to Uninstall it but the 4G signal didn't come back. This time I reset the phone on my own and have not downloaded Easy Batter Saver since, and my network connections are working fine.

The problem is that everybody recommends Easy Battery Saver, so I wanted to ask if you guys are using this App (then I'd follow Jeyd02's steps) or if you had to download a similar battery saver App.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
synergy7 / Jeyd02,

I just bought the LG Esteem and have the exact same problem. I had downloaded also the Easy Battery Saver App and after talking to MetroPCS technical support, we ended up resetting the phone to its original settings; and the 4G signal appeared back again (I didn't mind since I had used the phone for only 2 days).

HOWEVER, the same day i started downloading apps and when I installed the Easy Battery Saver App (Normal Mode), it dropped my 4G signal again; I tried to Uninstall it but the 4G signal didn't come back. This time I reset the phone on my own and have not downloaded Easy Batter Saver since, and my network connections are working fine.

The problem is that everybody recommends Easy Battery Saver, so I wanted to ask if you guys are using this App (then I'd follow Jeyd02's steps) or if you had to download a similar battery saver App.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah. I do use battery saver now. I did uninstalled before but since they made an update to fix the network issues i tried it and start using it again. If anything happens, i just reset again.

Upvote 0
I don't know to whom you are referring but I have hit the thanks button, in several different threads he's posted in. Easy tiger.

Hmmm... I dont recall saying names miss. I was just stating my opinion on what ive seen. If you hit thanks and i didnt say your name then why would u think im referring to you. Those who leach info with no gratification knows who they are :)

Upvote 0
I tried what Jeyd02 instructed and it didn't work until I launched Setting Initialization several times, and only after I was far away from any wifi source (I think that may have something to do with it). It only worked once though, and now that I'm back at home with my wifi, the problem has returned. When I do the SI, I see the 4G notification pop up for a second right before it restarts. I noticed that for some reason, whenever my phone turns on, the wifi opens with it. The one time the SI worked, I quickly unlocked my phone and turned wifi off before my phone finished setting up. That's why I think the wifi may have overridden my 4G connection somehow (I know, it sounds silly), because the only times it works is when I quickly disable the wifi.
Still though, after I've continuously used my 4G, after I stop, if I try to start again the original problem reoccurs, it won't connect at all anymore. The wifi trick seems to have been a one time deal.
Does anyone have any idea what my problem may be or if you've had similar problems after trying the SI? I don't want to have to restart my phone every time I'm out only to have it fix the problem a percentage of the time?

EDIT: *sigh*smh*facepalm* It was that darned Easy battery Saver the entire time. Someone needs to do something about them. I looked around The Internets and about a good 80-85% of the people with this same mobile network problem all had that app installed. Many said it was one of the first apps they installed as soon as they got their Esteem (me included) o.o Freaking media advertisement. Not even 5 seconds after I uninstall, I have 4G, even after trying all that wifi stuff. I guess they can't really be blamed, on start up it does warn about that as one of the possible side effects. Many people (including me again) forget about that and don't uninstall. To anyone else with this problem similar to all the above, I recommend Jeyd02's instructions, then if that doesn't work, uninstall the app for good and you should be set :)

Upvote 0
I tried what Jeyd02 instructed and it didn't work until I launched Setting Initialization several times, and only after I was far away from any wifi source (I think that may have something to do with it). It only worked once though, and now that I'm back at home with my wifi, the problem has returned. I so frustrated O_e

Do you have one of those problematic battery saver apps? If so, did you uninstall it?

There's also some apps that let you use wi-fi for data when available instead of your mobile connection (to save mo ney when you have carriers like AT&T, Verizon). Something like that may be screwing up the phone?

Upvote 0
Do you have one of those problematic battery saver apps? If so, did you uninstall it?

There's also some apps that let you use wi-fi for data when available instead of your mobile connection (to save mo ney when you have carriers like AT&T, Verizon). Something like that may be screwing up the phone?

Yep, I explained it all in my last edit, sorry. It was the original Easy Battery Saver app. That turned out to be the problem for me and few others. Once I got rid of that, my 4G started working like new:) like it should've been from the start:mad: loljk

Lol. Actually easy battery saver is very good. I have it installed but i have the compatible version not the original. You just need to know how to deal with it.

Yep, same here. The app in general has problems for different phones, there's complaints and compliments on both versions o.o The Easy Battery Saver (Compatible) is the one you need for the LG Esteem. I went though all that trouble to find out 7_7 but thanks to you guys and this forum a lot of people were helped and now I can help others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones