1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to connect to PC after upgrade to Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whizkid667, Sep 1, 2011.

1. whizkid667

whizkid667 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Yesterday I upgraded my Android version to Gingerbread (2.3.4) through Kies. After the upgrade I was asked to restart my PC but after restart my phone was not getting detected, neither by Kies nor by the OS (Windows XP : Service Pack 1). I uninstalled Kies and the Samsung drivers, got the latest Kies and drivers installed but still the same issue. Has anyone faced similar issues. I searched the forums for any similar issues but found none. I made sure that "Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging" is switched on. Is there anything else that I have to do? If I had known about this issue beforehand would not have upgraded to Gingerbread :( .. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Lenks

Lenks Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    It's charging but no data? And also no sound from the PC when connect to the phone and phone only show that he is only charging right now...

3. whizkid667

whizkid667 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Yeah.. When I connect it starts charging but is not detected by PC

4. Lenks

Lenks Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    whizkid667 likes this.
  5. whizkid667

whizkid667 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks a lot Lenks for the prompt reply.. I went through the link.. But I got it fixed without using ODIN, though I still don't have a clue as to what exactly fixed it... Anyway, these are the steps I followed which ultimately somehow fixed the issue...
    Uninstalled KIES and the drivers, but this time before re-installing made sure that all Registry values related to Samsung are deleted
    Cleaned up Temp
    Restarted my PC and re-installed Kies.. Re-installed the drivers through Kies
    Restarted my PC and connected my phone... Didn't Work
    Then I removed the USB from the back slot to the front slot... Still didn't work..
    Then I switched off my mobile (in order to remove sim and SD card to try the last solution mentioned by Lenks in the link), but had to make an urgent call and so switched on my phone, without taking the sim or the SD card out, and to my total amazement the PC detected my phone :D... I had restarted my phone previously also but then it didn't work... Anyway, its working now so I have no complaints except for wasting the entire day trying to find a solution.

Hope this helps anyone else facing the same issue... :)

6. endavila

endavila Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    touching the screen of your phone at the top where the USB icon appears the screen will change and you will see a message that says "Usb connected". Press it and changed the screen where you can see the button to connect the phone to the pc, Press it.

After these steps you will see 2 storage devices from the phone.

I hope this helps you!