1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unable to connect to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dax01, Nov 28, 2011.

1. dax01

dax01 Member
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi guys,

A friend of mine got his SG2S last week. Since then, we try to connect her phone to her pc (athlon 64 3200+) but unable to do so. When I try connecting mine to her pc it work just fine. Windows popup and kies detect it. I tried severals time to uninstall and reinstall both drivers and kies software.

We check our phone versions in "setting/about" of our phone it's identical. So I wonder why, when I plug my phone to her usb mine is detected and when we do the exact same thing with her, all it does is showing the recharge spark. Mine when plug in the screen display a large 'usb plug' in the center of the screen.

any clue ?

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    A lot of post mentioned problems with the USB connector on the phone that it is a bit sensitive. Try cleaning carefully with a blower and cotton buds/toothbrush. I haven't had any problem, but this is just what I read. AND NO WATER. DON'T GET WET.

3. dax01

dax01 Member
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    The thing is windows recognize a usb device is, even seems to install some driver at first. On her phone we see a usb icon on top of the screen and the spark for battery recharge but no pop up, and no tranfer possible.

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Did you read the instruction on how to connect as USB? You need to go to Settings/Wireless&Network/USB/ and tap the USB connection before joining the USB cable to the computer. After that just follow instruction on phone screen.