1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unable to copy files to sdcard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by galapogos, Feb 2, 2010.

1. galapogos

galapogos Active Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hi,

I can't seem to copy files to the sdcard inserted into the phone. When I try to do this with Windows Explorer, it just hangs there, and the sdcard area of the phone gets really hot. Once I unplug the USB cable Windows Explorer resumes, but the phone is still stuck there and unresponsive to any button/touch screen presses, and the phone remains hot. Copying from the sdcard works.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

2. pepperdro

pepperdro Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Male
    Student Veteran Liaison-TxState University
    San Marcos, TX
    I would say check to see if your phones settings are set up to charge or sync while plugged in, this might be causing the interrupt/freeze on your phone. I know my G1 gets pretty hot when I am messing around on it while it's plugged in.

3. galapogos

galapogos Active Member

Feb 2, 2010
    It doesn't matter. The reboot happens even before I'm able to choose charge or sync when I connect. My phone isn't the one that reboots, it's the host PC that reboots, and only when the DHCP client service is running.

4. chillwill

chillwill New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    when i try to copy it says please insert drive.
    when i plug it to the computer it just opens an empty drive.
    i have installed drivers and nothing.
    uninstall drivers and it lets me get in only one time take the sd card out and put in the computer and i can do anything i want with my 8 gig class 6 and 4 gig class 4 but with them in the phone cant copy or paste.tried new cables not sure how to fix this.i can live with it but it still bugs me guess i cant root it till i fix it.