• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Unable to debug on the Server Side from my Andriod App

Pesfay

Lurker
Jul 8, 2014
Have a Andriod app that calls a php web service using KSOAP2. The Php WebService uses nuSOAP to receive requests and send response back to the app. -

After lot of struggle was finally able to install xDebug for eclipse and get it working. What I mean by that is - I select the php file and choose "Debug As" , the IDE (Eclipse) goes into Debug perspective - So far so good.

The issues what I ran into is this. From the Andriod app when a call is made to the webservice (Line 3) it does not put my php page into debug perspective for me to walk through. What am I missing? Before running the Andriod app in debug mode, I made sure that I ran the php page in debug page with a break point at the first line. Any assistance/guidance would be very much appreciated.

//this is the actual part in my andriod app that will call the webservice
[HIGH]HttpTransportSE client = new HttpTransportSE(webServiceURL);
SOAP_ACTION = getNAMESPACE()+getMETHODNAME();
client.call(SOAP_ACTION, envelope);[/HIGH]

The way it should work is, when client.call begins to execute, I would like the php page in debug mode in eclipse.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones