1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Unable to delete Imported files from OSX Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boabster82, Jul 17, 2013.

1. boabster82

boabster82 Lurker

I wonder if anyone can assist. I have recently imported files from my HTC Desire C memory card onto my i-Mac running Snow Leopard and I have been unsuccessful in removing these files from the Mac.

I had copied everything from the memory card (this was not in the phone at the time but rather in a card reader) onto the desktop in order to copy onto a larger unformatted card which has worked fine and my phone data is all there. However, when I attempt to remove the data I have copied the trash tells me the files are locked.
    I have in turn unlocked all said files unfortunately to no avail as the files still do not delete. I have also tried connecting the card and phone attempting to delete said files when they are connected again with no success.
    There is another symptom also which is that I am now unable to delete any file from the Mac whether they have been created locally or not. :mad:

There are 3 main files which I cannot even remove from the trash to put into another file and these are...

customized-capability.xml
    default-capability.xml
    default-capability 10-00-27.xml

from doing a little reading I believe that these are files that add functionality to me phone when using 'smart features' ie. browsing etc. but in turn have no physical use on a desktop system.

If anyone is able to advise any methods which I may be able to try and remove these as mentioned it has now resulted in me not being able to delete anything from the system.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

On your Mac, for files on your Mac -

Finder, Applications, Utilities, Terminal

Find file or folder to delete in Finder. Do not choose the actual Trash can.

In terminal for a file -

sudo rm -f (and now drag the file name here from the Finder, after the space, and don't use the parentheses)

You may be asked for your password again.

For a folder, same thing, drag folder name but instead -

sudo rm -rf

The command cannot be reversed. Proceed with caution. Be. 100000% sure you chose the file or folder you meant.

If not, before hitting the return key, hold down control and tap c to cancel.

scary alien likes this.
Tags: