• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to download applications from Android Market (error 500)

KuriYokan

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
Hi. I just purchased an Xperia Ray, but over the past few days I'm having problems downloading/updating applications from the Android Market.

When I try to download/update, I often get a prompt "Unable to download application due to an error. 500". It took me multiple tries over a few days before I could actually update my Gmail, Google maps, download Skype and so on... I've done what other threads have suggested, such as clearing of cache/data from market and the download manager, but they don't always work. Is there any way to ensure every download is a successful one?

Also, I read that the battery will adjust itself? That sounds pretty cool. I never really thought that was possible. Over the past few days I've been experiencing bad battery performance. If I set applications to refresh often, (like, maybe Facebook refreshes every 30 mins) will it severely drain the battery?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Since you already did the reset on the Market app, I'd suggest you to try a Repair Phone option on PC Companion just to confirm if this is a software problem.

And yes by settings the Sync frequency at 30 minutes it will use more battery since basically the internet connection will required to be active at all times and also it needs to sync with several apps. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I have had the problem since i got my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V.

1) I have uninstalled the market update (But you know how efficient they are and the new version is reinstalled almost as soon as i uninstall it)

2) I have factory reset the phone (Nada)

3) I have done a software repair (Nope)

4) Checked all my connectivity settings and proxy settings (well if the error were here i shouldnt be able to download any apps at all. I have been able to download a few of them without issue)

Any other ideas?:mad:

Upvote 0
i had this issue on My Galaxy Nexus gsm unlock and i had this issue. then a friend in my office had it too , and another . we did the step that the other dude did like factory reset abd it didnt work. i tried a different SIM card and it worked. ok so i see that it had something to do with the carrier . so i figured it was the carrier , but i tried my sim in another phone and it worked. my friend figure that it had something to do with the APN. he change the apn manually and it worked

NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT I LIVE IN PANAMA CITY , PANAMA

I HOPE THIS HELP

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones