1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unable to Download Apps?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nemesis2me, Aug 19, 2010.

1. nemesis2me

nemesis2me Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I just updated to 2.2 froyo yesterday and now when I try to download any app it starts and goes straight to saying download unsuccessful! Is this an issue with 2.2? What can I do to resolve this? It sucks a little extra because I just uninstalled my launcherpro plus because it was being glitchy with 2.2 and as I went to reinstall it like the dev told me to I found out I could no longer download apps. I can't even navigate the orginal home screen because of how use to launcherproI was.

Advertisement

2. blundell

blundell Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Software Engineer
    UK
    Go into the Settings > Applications > Choose Market and click 'Clear Cache'

Turn your phone off and back on.

nemesis2me likes this.
  3. nemesis2me

nemesis2me Member

Aug 18, 2010
    You are an absolute genius!!!! I love you!!!! My phone was flipping me out for awhile.

4. blundell

blundell Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Software Engineer
    UK
    Don't thank me thank my thread :) (-:

5. nemesis2me

nemesis2me Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Apparently I jumped the gun and that fix worked long enough for me to download a single app. Now I'm back at the same situation where while in the market, when I hit install, it automatically goes to download failed. I stupidly did a factory reset because I read that that has fixed a lot of issues with 2.2 but now when my phone tries to reinstall all of my apps it just say FAILED one after another. Please tell me there's a solution somebody.