1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to download from Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lord Vader, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Android Enthusiast

For the last 24+ hours, I've been unable to download any app, free or paid, from the Market. I keep getting the error message, "*App name* could not be downloaded due to an error." (Where *App name* is the app I'm trying to download.)

No explanation, nothing. I've rebooted hard and soft; I've cleared caches; I've logged out then in to my Google account; I have plenty of memory free; I've used WiFi as a connection--no dice.

Using WarmTwoPointTwo, but I don't think that should matter, because I've had this ROM for sometime without any trouble.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast

Have you tried clearing data for the market app in your application settings? What was the last app you managed to install?

3. Lord Vader

The last app I downloaded was Angry Bird Seasons so my niece could play it. I did clear the data, but that didn't help either.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Rxpert has mentioned to someone else that was having problems to download the app from the computer to the phone (I guess you go to market with your account click and app then download) you could try that to see if it work for you.

5. Lord Vader

Well, what I decided to do was reformat and repartition the card altogether, so I copied its contents, wiped it via formatting, repartitioned it, then pasted the original stuff back onto it. After I did this, WarmTwoPointTwo was stuck in its animation loop, not unlike my father's newer EVO had just suffered.

I then started from scratch and went with MikG's new 3.0 ROM and so far, everything's OK. MikG's ROM is kinda cool, too, with the extra purple theme. :)

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i moved the thread over to the rooting section.

andygu3 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews