1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unable to download in android market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by totenkopf, Feb 7, 2011.

1. totenkopf

totenkopf Lurker

Samsung Captivate, ATT, Android OS 2.1

ok, heres what happened, i was instructed by samsung tech support to do a hard reset for some other unrelated issues. when i came out of the reset and began setting up my phone again and input my regular gmail account, i was able to download a couple of apps, but after a few minutes nothing new would download. i talked to tech support again, and they said it was due to my gmail acount not working or something and told me to create a new one. sure enough, after another reset, and a new account setup, i can download all i want. i have tested this a few other times, to the tune of 5-6 more resets, and it seems the same each time. no matter what i do, my old gmail account will only let me download a few apps and the new account will let me download all i want.

is there any way around it? samsung told me since its the gmail account, its googles domain and google has been, to say the least, unresponsive.

thanks, yall

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. totenkopf

totenkopf Lurker

ok, knock on wood, but i think i fixed it. i did a hard reset, but in the linux menu where you would normally choose "delete user data" i chose "delete cache" and then "reboot". when i came back in all my settings and files were still there, but now im able to use the market as before.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews